Hey everyone

Haven't been on the forums in a while

Recently I was playing on my Epiphone G-400 and it broke . The input jack on the guitar fell apart and the wire kind of messed up too. Even the wood is gone and now theres a big hole where the jack used to be. I've decided to take my guitar (my first guitar ) to the guitar shop and trade it in for another guitar, while also putting up some extra cash.
I have about $300, which I'm going to put up on top of the value that I get for my guitar (around $200) so I'm looking at spending around $600 overall

Any suggestions for a second guitar? I play a lot of Rock and Metal, such as Metallica, GnR, All That Remains, LoG, that kind of stuff.
Also, what strings do you recommend? I was thinking of buying super slinky strings (the ernie ball ones) for my guitar.

What types of pickups, or body, or whatever, should I look for in my guitar? My epiphone had a sexy neck and clean shiny humbuckers, but idk what pickups I should look for now Help meee

My current amp is Vox VT30.

I don't use any pedals, or processors. Also, what strings do you recommend? I was thinking of buying super slinky strings (the ernie ball ones) for my guitar.

Thanks a lot!
Quote by craigcochrane
Your Mom Satisfies Me Most
Last edited by Shredderofdeath at Nov 23, 2009,
LTD ec-401, i have played a few of these and since i am a les paul guy it will be a furture buy for sure. it comes with EMG 81/60 combo and is great for metallica, LoG, and ATR type music.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Agile Guitars are the best band for your buck guitar out there!

I am getting the sweet AL-2000 CSB guitar for Christmas!

It has Grover Tuners and it is highly recommended because many people believe that these are AS GOOD AS GIBSONS, BETTER THAN EPIPHONES!!!

For $200 this is the best guitar you will find.

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000csbflamewide.html

When you buy Gibsons or Epiphones or Fender you are pretty much paying for the name. I have played Agiles and they sound as good/better then my friends explorer! This guitar is good for Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin or any Rock!

This Agile will be my second guitar also. My first guitar was an Ibanez Mikro

On my Ibanez I use d'addario strings just because they are recommended by Ibanez for their guitars.

Hope I helped!
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Last edited by Joe-Floyd-lover at Nov 23, 2009,
do NOT buy super slinkys for playing metal. get something along 10-46 atleast.

ESP WA-600 - Ibanez RG350DX - Fender 60th Anniversary Strat

JSX 212 Combo - Peavey Vypyr 30

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
I'm probably going to pick up the Alexi 200 or Jackson RR3

Are there any good Ibanez metal models as well?
Quote by craigcochrane
Your Mom Satisfies Me Most
I am REALLY biased because I have a Jackson, but the RR3 will be a great guitar for the types of music you listed. Also, the hardware and finish are great and it should last a long time. I was actually looking to purchase an RR3 or 5 in the future. I have .9 Super Slinkies on my Jackson and it does just fine in E standard. However, if you plan to drop tune I would recommend a heavier gauge. Good luck!
Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.
I use DR 9's on my SG, which is the same gauge as the super slinky strings, and they have held tuning really well, but then again the that may be the help of the Gibson tuners. In that case, I'd go with the Agile that Joe-Floyd-Lover was talking about. If you are willing to go up a gauge in strings, you could get something else, if you prefer. And yes, Ibanez makes great metal guitars, if that's your thing.
Quote by Shredderofdeath
I'm probably going to pick up the Alexi 200 or Jackson RR3

Are there any good Ibanez metal models as well?

the ibanez mtm2 is pretty good and you can switch out the strings too, also the ibanez rg5ex1 is good too but i think a good choice would be a esp ltd ec-401 and just save up a little extra money
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Quote by Joe-Floyd-lover
Agile Guitars are the best band for your buck guitar out there!

I am getting the sweet AL-2000 CSB guitar for Christmas!

It has Grover Tuners and it is highly recommended because many people believe that these are AS GOOD AS GIBSONS, BETTER THAN EPIPHONES!!!

For $200 this is the best guitar you will find.

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000csbflamewide.html

When you buy Gibsons or Epiphones or Fender you are pretty much paying for the name. I have played Agiles and they sound as good/better then my friends explorer! This guitar is good for Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin or any Rock!

This Agile will be my second guitar also. My first guitar was an Ibanez Mikro

On my Ibanez I use d'addario strings just because they are recommended by Ibanez for their guitars.

Hope I helped!

Those are decent guitars, but in no way match to gibson or higher end Epis. if they where you could bet theyd be sold for more than they are.

go to a local guitar store and just play a bunch of stuff off the wall. telling you what one person likes might not be something that feels right to you. so find the guitar you like. then try different strings from different brands till you find something youre keen on. thats the best way to go about it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?