I want an analog delay for adding depth to solos and oscillation to play around with.
My budget is up to $250.

I was looking at the HBE delay, but I don't think 400ms will be enough delay time.
The MXR Carbon Copy has 600ms of delay time, a built adjustable modulation, and will leave you $100 left over. If 600ms still isnt enough I think the TC Electronics Nova Delay has more, but I'm not sure.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Nothing beats the EHX Deluxe Memory Man for oscillations and spaciousness. I would try to find one of the older big box versions. Some other awesome analog delays are the Malekko 616 and the DMB Lunar Echo.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Bright Light
The MXR Carbon Copy has 600ms of delay time, a built adjustable modulation, and will leave you $100 left over. If 600ms still isnt enough I think the TC Electronics Nova Delay has more, but I'm not sure.

I'm not really worried about spending less money(It's just gonna be what I ask for for christmas anyways )

And the nova delay is digital, I'm looking for analog.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Nothing beats the EHX Deluxe Memory Man for oscillations and spaciousness. I would try to find one of the older big box versions. Some other awesome analog delays are the Malekko 616 and the DMB Lunar Echo.

+1

You can find them cheap even though they've been discontinued. There's a vintage one on my CL for $200. The small boxes are still good, they haven't changed the chips quite yet.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

I'll keep an eye out for the deluxe memory man. How's the newer version compare to the older one?

And the lunar echo definitely looks awesome.
Quote by arpraron
I'll keep an eye out for the deluxe memory man. How's the newer version compare to the older one?

And the lunar echo definitely looks awesome.

It's literally exactly the same at this point other than appearance. It probably won't last for long as I think they're running out of NOS chips.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

The newer version reportedly uses new Chinese BBDs instead of the nice NOS Panasonic BBDs and supposedly sounds "worse" than the orginal, although you should take that with a grain of salt.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Ok, thanks guys, I think I might go with the lunar echo, but if I can find the deluxe memory man on craiglist anytime soon maybe I'll go for it.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
The newer version reportedly uses new Chinese BBDs instead of the nice NOS Panasonic BBDs and supposedly sounds "worse" than the orginal, although you should take that with a grain of salt.

Yea, there's a lot of talk about the chips but from what I've heard from a few owners is that they still have the Panasonic chips but they've been told they're switching to the Chinese ones soon. The famed Echoczar uses the same cheap ass Chinese chips as the Carbon Copy and from what I've heard, it sounds awesome.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Supposedly EHX is coming out with a Deluxe Memory Boy the beginning of next year. May or may not be true, just what I've read on the interwebs.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Yeah, the Deluxe Memory Boy should indeed be coming out soon, however it's not in the same league as the DMM. The DMB will be all about the features whereas the DMM will be the one with the most analog mojo and character IMO.
"Don't gamble on your future, go with the sure thing."
E-cookie for anyone who points out the reference.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Maxon AD-900 is the Best analog distortion i've heard.........I saw one for sale on Harmony central for $250.