yep
new pedal =)

for a while, i've been using an old dusty Digitech Turbo Flange as my flanger, and i was getting tired of it not sounding the way i wanted it to sound, and when it did sound all right, well it never did it well
so after trying a few pedals, i got kind of a deal on this one, and went for it, since i was craving a new flange

Carl Martin Classic Flange

overall, it's a pretty cool unit, i've been a fan of carl martin since i bought my Red Repeat delay, which sounds amazing, and my surf trem, which is veeeeery smooth. This flanger is pretty smooth too, although it's more subtle than i remembered (i tried it a week and a half ago). Overall, it's a pretty vintage sounding flanger, very detailed. However, even though it sounds very excellent, i'm going to have to take some time to get used to it, since, well, it's not exactly the flange style i've been using on my digitech. i'll keep the digitech, but only as a backup, or to let my singer use it.
Oh, and i heard my bypass signal improve soo much when i changed the pedal, it was incredible lol, and i was playing through my ibanez 10 watt practice amp (which is maybe why the flanger sounds pretty subtile)

i'll leave you guys with a family pic, since this is pretty much my first NPD (i think), so you know what my board looks like =) (wah's a crybaby 535Q)
and it was pretty hard to fit it in the board, since it's quite a bit bigger than the old one... had to make some room

EDIT: sh*t, huge pics

EDIT 2: you know what's amazing with this pedal? the LED on the left actually blinks at the speed of your flange waves, which looks pretty awesome XD
Last edited by Darkflame at Nov 23, 2009,
Wow man that looks awesome.

I was just wondering, how do you like your MXR GT-OD?

I'm getting one for christmas, and it seems more transparent than the tubscreamer I have now.

HNPD.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
^the gt-od is the most amazing overdrive i have tried, i tried the tubescreamers and the bad monkey and a few others, and i could never find the right one, this one has a very very responsive tone control, and the gain can get quite gritty while staying smooth, one of my favorite pedals on my board right now
Quote by Darkflame
^the gt-od is the most amazing overdrive i have tried, i tried the tubescreamers and the bad monkey and a few others, and i could never find the right one, this one has a very very responsive tone control, and the gain can get quite gritty while staying smooth, one of my favorite pedals on my board right now

Sweet man, it seems like a very good OD, my tubescreamer doesn't have enough gain and the mid hump doesn't really fit with my mid heavy Marshall.

Thank you very much.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
anytime bud =)
you won't regret it, it's the one pedal i wasn't sure i should buy, and it's the one i regret buying the least.
i play alternative rock and i still find a use for it, it's extremely versatile =) i use it more as a crunchbox than an overdrive, that's how much gain it's god =p
Tasty.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I would kill for your board man. I just recently cleaned mine off of all the crap pedals and all i have left is a chorus and wah. How is the Holy Grail Plus?
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
^^ holy grail plus: i love it, even though it gets bashed a lot, i didn't even try the holy grail because i wanted the blend and the amount knob, and this pedal is never off, i like it better than my traynor's reverb tank, which is still pretty rad, it doesn't sound too digital, and it was so much better than the boss reverb i tried at the same time

and thanks =) my board is my favorite piece of gear actually lol, i've been working on it for a year

edit: yeh, 2 big muffs =) the russian usually has its tone pretty high so i can get a fizzy fuzz with it for leads, while my NYC is pretty low for rythms (i got the USSR one from a friend who had 2 and didn't want them both lol)
Last edited by Darkflame at Nov 24, 2009,
Quote by Darkflame
i just remembered what i dislike about carl martin pedals
the bypass makes a big POP when a pedal doesn't like another pedal
and my red repeat is making this huge POP it used to make when it was right after my chorus, i have to move the flanger -_-

Very simple mod: add a bleed down resistor.

Edit: also called a pull down resistor
Last edited by Rutch at Nov 24, 2009,
Quote by Darkflame

edit: yeh, 2 big muffs =) the russian usually has its tone pretty high so i can get a fizzy fuzz with it for leads, while my NYC is pretty low for rythms (i got the USSR one from a friend who had 2 and didn't want them both lol)

Ahh, lovely. I like your style my friend
I've got a Russian Muff myself, I adore it! Your board is very awesome though, congrats

HNPD!!
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
yay, everyone thinks my board's awesome XD

this new pedal was sooo hard to fit in there, and i actually hit it a lot on the other pedals... and now, the paint on the right side is chipped from everywhere haha it looks like it's been through hell and i've had it forever while it's been there for 12 hours (actually it wasn't even out last year)
i have a digitech turbo flange and i freaking hate its guts. i have had it since it came out years ago and have only used it a few times. i just can't get anything out of it. i think it sounds like poo, along with most other digitech and boss pedals.
nice pedal board!

I don't feel like reading everyone else's posts, so this may have been addressed, but it seems you have vasoline and a rag next to your board... enjoying some personal time with that sexy board?

all joking aside, happy NPD
hahaha it's not a rag it's just some pants
i knew someone would mention it, i noticed it when i posted the pic, i don't even know what's the vaseline for, my sister just threw it in my room the other day becuase she didn't want it XD

and mooky, i didn't HATE my turbo flange, i just wasn't satisfied =p the rise/fall option was the one that sucked the less in my opinion, but it still sounded bad... didn't stop me from using this pedal at every gig i've played since i've had it =p
i use a lot of flanging too, so this new addition will be worth it
Nice dude HNPD
I keep looking at Carl Martin with great interest. How's the chorus? Better than a small clone you reckon?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey