I am looking for a new amp and the two I am considering are the B-52 AT-212 and A Bugera 6262 or 333xl 212 combo. I play things like 311, Incubus, Avenged Sevenfold, All That Remains, Breaking Benjamin, and lots of others. Basically something that has a nice clean channel and can get pretty damn ballsy is a must. Any suggestions would be helpful...thank you guys.
The best revenge is bettering yourself-Zacky V

311 Freak of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
I saw your other thread and the only thing I will say is this:

The Bugera's (333x in particular) has had reliability issues in the past. That may be fixed now. Read BeerChurch's blog on these amps so you can familiarize yourself with what to look for.

The B52's have also had some reliability issues that I believe are also fixed now. The thing here is they are hard to find.

Either should do what you want, and I would also look at used amps and the Vypyr 60 new.

PS: 212 combos are heavy a fuk and not always necessary.

PSS: 311 fan here
I personally thought the B-52 AT lacked balls with it's distortion

Don't know about the 333xl but the 6262 sounded pretty good

^ it's PPS (post- post-script) not PSS
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 24, 2009,
I've never had any experience with the B-52, so I can't help you there, sorry. But I have played both the 6262 and 333xl and they are probably the best bang for your buck amps on the market.

They won't sound as nice as the bands you've mentioned (obviously) but are good enough to get you in the ballpark, expecially for A7X and All That Remains. The cleans on both are decent enough, but do break up pretty quickly, so it's a trick to keep them clean. But theyre both built more for distortion.

Basically think of the 6262 as a cheap 5150, very similar in tone, fat, chunky and thick but you can turn up the treble and shred a bit too. The 333 is a fair bit more versatile but because it comes loaded with EL34s in the power amp (switchable to 6L6's though) it does have a more high-mid focused sound, think more marshally.

Hopefully that helped man
Hmm...so maybe a 112 would work or should I go for a half stack? Thanks for all the help guys...311 makes a challenge for amps because they have such a wide variety of tones.

yeah, 311 has a pretty complex sound. Both the cleans and the disti on the B52 and Bugera's should work OK in your price range. I 'think' the Diamond amps Tim uses are based on a Marshall tone stack but I could be wrong. Those Bugera's are based on the Peavey's (6505 and XXX respectively) but I realize you play more than 311.

fullride - what about used amps?

Quote by justinb904
I personally thought the B-52 AT lacked balls with it's distortion

Don't know about the 333xl but the 6262 sounded pretty good

^ it's PPS (post- post-script) not PSS

PSS sounds better

post script script

I thought the B52's had plenty of gain myself.
Hmm what kind of amps should I go for used? I don't know a whole lot about amps and what not so any suggestions?

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I checked your craigslist and didn't find anything. I'd just get a Peavey Vypyr 60 and be done with it.

+1

I'm thinking about getting one to take to practice instead of my XXX and mesa cab...Musicians Friend has them for $359 used right now...with free shipping. My setup time would be reduced...as would my backaches
So the Vypyrs are good amps?

Quote by full_ride_311
So the Vypyrs are good amps?

I really liked the Vypyr Tube 60 I played...definitely the best modeling you're going to find for that price imo.
Does it have the real tube tone and warmth?

What other amps used might be good? I will be doing some recording as well as some gigging.

I think you'll be fine with the Vypyr 60. You shouldn't have any problem gigging with it. Did you say somewhere that you will have to order on line and can't really try it first? The Vypyr 60 112 is really the only Vypyr I'd consider. The 212 would be too heavy and bulky. I prefer the tone of the 60 (will all power tube section) far more than the other all SS Vypyrs. Built in headphone jack seems to be a big plus in my book.

Used, you can look for a used Line 6 Flextone, Vetta and maybe a Spider Valve. A used Peavey XXX, XXL, Ultra and Ampeg VH140s are cool too.
I would probably try out in a store first. I have heard good things about some of the peaveys.

^call in advance and ask if they will put it in the loud room for you.
Also check their used amp inventory before you go so you can research.
If you get the Vypyr you will seriously want to consider getting the Sampera II footpedal.
Hmm...alright whats the sampera?

Quote by full_ride_311
Hmm...alright whats the sampera?

its the control pedal for the Peavey Vypyrs. can store settings you come up with, switch between things on the amp, has a expression pedal on it that can be used as a wah, volume pedal, pitch changes, etc
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
House Boy...how does that 6260 sound with the Eclipse? What kinda clean tones can you get out of the Bugera?