is there a safe way to plug your guitar into an automobile's sound system without completely screwing up your gear?
also can an amp of decent size be safely plugged into the cigarette lighter with an adaptor?
I'm wondering because I think it would be fun to play a moving concert.
tell me if there is any possible way- i know these are all a bit of a stretch.
you should be able to plug it into the auxiliary and it would be absolutely fine. Might be a problem with impedance matching but that will basically mean you volume and tone knobs crackle when you adjust them.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Didn't you ever see that commercial with Slash and I think John Mayer? How are you gonna move the drums, though?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Didn't you ever see that commercial with Slash and I think John Mayer? How are you gonna move the drums, though?

was that the commercial with the first act guitars? if it is, I think i saw it.

also...i haven't thought about drums yet. good point.
my car has a plug in for my ipod. I guess if you get an adapter for that kind of plug then it should work. I'm not sure what it would do though.

Out of curiosity why do you want to know this?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

then throw a PA system in there, couple amps, good to go :thumbsup:
get a car battery and a power inverter. plug amp in. problem solved
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Quote by Jack Off Jill

synth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Dgu--CzGw
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
would a car battery have enough to power say a 120 combo amp? or would it just kill the battery?
i guess it would be while driving so the engine would power the alternator but i still wonder.
i think it would depend on the inverter's rating. not sure though.
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
I think a much more important question is, if you put an amp in the trunk of your car will it ruin the suspension?

Please tell me someone remembers this thread... please...
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
line/recording/headphone out/effect send or out jack from an effect pedal to the aux jack on the car stereo should work. You're gunna need to rig a car battery to power an amp
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I don't think it would work. Remember trying to do that in my sound system at home. Had to plug it into the amp first before plugging the amp into the sound system to get it to work, think it's the signal. So if you have like a small amp that would fit inside somewhere then it might work.
Quote by viper_mike
get a car battery and a power inverter. plug amp in. problem solved

Problem is not solved. The battery will die quickly. You can run a power converter from a vehicle if the car / truck is running. Then the alternator will provide the power required.

If the vehicle is off, you'll need a dual battery supply of good quality ( Optima, for example ). The batteries will still die fairly quickly.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by wahappen
Problem is not solved. The battery will die quickly. You can run a power converter from a vehicle if the car / truck is running. Then the alternator will provide the power required.

If the vehicle is off, you'll need a dual battery supply of good quality ( Optima, for example ). The batteries will still die fairly quickly.

Chris, I just realized that you have had the same sig since I joined, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCQHgETt1dw

Just do whatever Slash is doing in this video. But...why would you want to plug into your car's sound system?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I do.

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
If you're going to do this, probably the best thing to do would be to buy a small generator core and hook it to the serpentine belt or something. Just running amps off of the car's (or preferably truck's) electrical system would blow fuses all the time.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by wahappen

I feel like a massive noob, but 1970? seriously? :/