I'm hoping I'll finally be able to decide on a guitar after this thread..

Anyway, I've decided to go for an ESP.

I play all kinds of metal, from metallica, to atreyu, and I play more alt rock, like AFI type of stuff, too. A wide variety of rock music.

Definitely nothing over 500 dollars. Preferably, as unlikely as it is, closer to 400, but whatever.

Thanks.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

looks like LTD for you then
CARPE DIEM

Quote by Butt Rayge
Hot chicks love it when you hit them.

If you don't hit them, you're weak.

GEAR:

ESP ECLIPSE-I
MARSHALL JCM2000 TSL601
DIGITECH RP250
...Okay. Care to go a little farther?
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Maybe a Viper 50 or a Kirk Hammet JR?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
any enrty level LTD will suffice, you will most definatly not be disappointed, i bought an ex-50 as my first proper guitar, and a schecter, dean and gibson later, i have 3 more LTD's now
i think realistically with 400-500 dollars you should be aiming at the kinda 200-250 range of LTD's so, ex-256, ec-200, mh250, you get the idea
dont worry for a second about stock pups or floyd rose special bridges, ESP make the best damn stock pups ive ever heard and apparently now the FR special is about the best licensed floating bridge you can buy, im no expert though, i personally despise floating bridges
Yeah you're definitely not getting an ESP with your budget. With regards to LTD stuff then going second hand or demo stock or factory seconds would probably be your best course of action if you want something above intermediate stuff.
Okay, would there be something better than ESP/LTDs all together then, for my budget?

Do a nationwide search on GC website you will find alot of good gear in your price range.
or you can go for a low end esp eclipse, there's on on sale for $399 in my local GC with an ESP pick up and not SD or EMG.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Quote by S4V10R_X
or you can go for a low end esp eclipse, there's on on sale for $399 in my local GC with an ESP pick up and not SD or EMG.

Proper ESP Eclipse for $400?? **** someone needs to jump on that deal and hate the guitar and turn profit for it.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Proper ESP Eclipse for $400?? **** someone needs to jump on that deal and hate the guitar and turn profit for it.

yeah..it's used but still is a good price and when i checked on it, there's tons of dinks and scratches. i asked the sales guy and they told me that the guitar have been in the store for around 4 months now and originally it was selling for $699.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Hmm... I may be able to get the EX-401.. I'd want black anyway, and the one you linked to is only olympic white or w.e. so I'd have all the time I need. However, the problem is, that one's a little over my budget, and even if i wait a little longer idk if I'd be able to afford it. If I waited a ridiculous amount of time, sure. But... yeah.

This is really discouraging... I'm not blaming it on any of you, its just how I feel. Its not exactly easy to find a job either, one that pays decent enough to be able to put some money into this with each check, anyway. Not to whine, because im not a cry baby or anything, but I almost feel like jusst kinda givin up lol. I've been searching for the right guitar for me now for a long ass time, and i always come so close, but not enough. So... Yeah.

NOTE: Please don't recommend that I try to buy pre-owned, or anything. Thanks for the consideration, but personally, for my own reasons, that is not an option for me.