There is a 2008 Epiphone G400 '62 model for sale in my homeland, price is about 200 USD in US currency. I've always loved G400 and this guitar looks like a good bargain.

I've heard that since 2008 Epiphone G-400's are Gibson USA Authorized SG's.

1.Grover 12 to 1 machine heads.
2.Gibson designed humbucker pu's with Alnico 5 magnets.
3.locking tune o matic bridge and stop tail bar the same one used on Gibson SG's.
4.heavy duty tone and volume pots 500's also the same ones used on the Gibson SG's.

Are there more modifications?
How will I recognize the facelifted model?

Greetings,
Uku
All Epiphones are Gibson 'authorized.'

Anyways, $200 USD is a good deal if it's in good shape.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
All Epiphones are Gibson 'authorized.'

+1

$200.00 for a used Epi G400 is not bad depending on the condition. Play it first and see how it sounds and feels. I myself would try and talk them down at least $25.00 because that's just me, I refuse to pay an asking price.

John
But were there some modifications done in the year 2008?
As far as I know there shouldn't be any difference with the 2008 models. Every G400 I have come across were pretty much the same except for color.

John
Yeah, they did a modification..... with the price. As far as I know all they did was raise the price from $299 brand new to $350. Other than that I think they are the same. I would go for it anyways, they are great guitars.
I believe the grovers are 18:1 ratio. The pickups are wound to the same specs as a gibson but wound in chine so I've read, never tested that before. The pots and the bridge are pretty much the same locking ones as well.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Yar, she doesn't have every same bit of hardware a regular SG would. Epiphone uses metric hardware (iirc) while Gibson uses standard stuff.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...