Last edited by btnheazy03 at Nov 24, 2009,
2nd actually. my first acoustic is crap. i've skimmed through that thread, but most of the guitars listed on there didn't catch my eye. i want a black guitar .. call me vain if you wish

the takamine is my first choice out of all the guitars i've listed, but damn, that applause rounded-back one sure looks nice ... super shallow, too.
Last edited by btnheazy03 at Nov 24, 2009,
I would save a little more money and get something else honestly. Try and find a store that sells those guitars near you and go play them. Then make your decision based on the sound and playability.
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
i totally agree. you say your first acoustic is crap - well, these aren't all that far removed from crap. they're pretty much bottom of the line entry level guitars. if you could save a bit more, you might be able to afford something that sounds good with good build quality rather than a meh sound and cheap electronics.

Quote by dakotajoe
I would save a little more money and get something else honestly. Try and find a store that sells those guitars near you and go play them. Then make your decision based on the sound and playability.
Quote by patticake
i totally agree. you say your first acoustic is crap - well, these aren't all that far removed from crap. they're pretty much bottom of the line entry level guitars. if you could save a bit more, you might be able to afford something that sounds good with good build quality rather than a meh sound and cheap electronics.

i'm confused because the takamine's MSRP far exceeds the ones listed in the "1st acoustic guitar" thread, and it's still not good enough?

not sure how you define "entry level"
The MSRP does not equal the selling price. In fact, I find it to be a useless number in most cases. That thread lists the selling price.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^That.

If you say your first is crap, as said, these aren't much better than crap. It'll be like the difference between wet and dry crap: the wet stuff smells worse and all, but the dry stuff is still crap.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^ And this stuff won't help anything grow.

Gear:
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Just to clear something up...a solid color finish on the acoustic guitar does not equal the solid color finish on an electric. They use dyes to get the wanted color, and then they put the same finish on as they normally would. Does not add as much weight to the soundboard as painting it would.

Gear:
my dad gave me my first acoustic guitar which used to be his, which was a takamine. It is a great guitar so as far as im concerned, go for the takamine.