im looking at buying a vox ac30cc2. now i know there is nothing on the amp that allows you to switch between the two channels with a footswitch, but are there any ways to get around this problem?

like is it possible to run a lead into both the normal and top boost channel inputs and use an ab switch to change between the two?
Use an A/B/Y box with a cable running to each input and the input link switch on. That will allow you to use each channel separately or both at once. Since it's a vintage design and there are no gain knobs, you won't be able to set one channel up for a ton of distortion and one for squeaky clean, but you will have three distinct options with that setup with varying levels of gain per channel.
not alot of experience with the ac30's but i think my mate just runs pedals on the 'clean/normal' channel and when he wants distortion or overdrive he uses the pedal.
hope this helps :/
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you would want the input link switch OFF, no?

With the input link ON, it doesn't matter which input you use, it would be the equivalent of using a Y cable, so switching between would do what?

I honestly cannot remember which way these are run, I am 12 and what is this?
^ My mistake, you do want the switch off. Otherwise both inputs are run into both channels at once, and as you said, there'd be nothing to switch.
Colin's method will work perfectly.

Although in all honesty I'd rather just set the amp up for a light crunch, then you can add gain with overdrive pedals or clean up by rolling the guitar volume back.
^That's more or less what ends up happening anyway due to the lack of gain controls on the amp - you don't really get a distinct clean or dirty channel. What you really have is three different options for volume and tonal characteristics, with a bit of gain variation. From there you can layer on pedals or use the guitar's volume control for gain adjustment.
Quote by Roc8995
^That's more or less what ends up happening anyway due to the lack of gain controls on the amp - you don't really get a distinct clean or dirty channel. What you really have is three different options for volume and tonal characteristics, with a bit of gain variation. From there you can layer on pedals or use the guitar's volume control for gain adjustment.

Sounds familiar to me, it's basically how I use my 18 watter. About 70% of my overdrive comes from various pedals and frankly, it sounds fantastic that way.

The only AC30 I've got major experience with is an ancient JMI model with the 6 inputs, was very unimpressed with the 'Custom Classic' AC15 though.
I figured you knew how it works, I was mostly clarifying for the TS so he didn't expect it to be like a recto where you hit the footswitch and go from squeaky clean to death metal.