Ok so our skool is gonna have sum kinda like event thing and im in the battle of the bands for my group. This thing is basically voluntary since our group never joined this event for the past 3 years. The band is basically random ppl who plays music in our group. We've got a singer, rapper, a drummer, and me on guitars. We couldnt seem to find whats fit to play.

So I need some advise on what songs we could play (1 is enough really).
- Rapper obviously needs a rap part
- Singer, he acts like such a cocky bastard even though he looks like he's got no friends. Have no idea what he could do, all I know is he cant sing high like Matt Heafy (he heard The End - Roadrunner United, its not even like that high for a singer IMO)
- Drummer, from my class, from what I know he plays like alternative, hip hop, rap, etc... along those lines (even though I heard he sucks).
- Me I obviously play metal (Username much :P). Im currently into like C.O.B stuff and trivium (I'm stuck with the Drop C tuning for now since I cant be bothered to reset my FR).

From what I could think of theres only Limp Bizkit that suites the situation we have. Most suitable song is probably My Way but I feel like the guitar part is just too easy. Im not much of a chord player (no shit) either so i don't really want to play it. Any song suggestions would be appreciated. Something with a metal-ish guitar part with rap or easy vocals (not exactly metal genre but wtv. something with distortion would statisfy me as long as the riff isn't boring)
wow why come here with all of those ****ing expectations?

There isn't any good metal that has rapping or a hip hop drum beat.

Get new band members?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
anything by Linkin Park.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Linking park is probably what I'm trying to avoid. But if there is seriously no choice then yea mayb...

btw this thing we did it voluntarily and there isn't anyone else in our group.

Rapping could always b added in if it fits the vocals. Drums could just be easy beats too. Basically something with a metal element in it with normal vocal parts
Last edited by MeLodicDethMTL at Nov 24, 2009,
there is nothing good about rap ever
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
If you can pull off the riff go old Skool - walk this way - Run DMC/Aerosmith
^ what i was thinking. Or just find some other rap/rock song. I would say go for an old-school funk-rap song but your tuning is limiting.

EDIT: also since it's a battle of the bands competition, sacrifice what you actually like and do something popular/fun. KISS always goes down well at these kinds of thing.
Last edited by Duv at Nov 24, 2009,
Yeah there Is no rap metal combo.

Don't limit your self so damn much.

I lied! I just remebeded the song "coming undone with it"

It's by korn and DFB
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Last edited by westdyolf at Nov 24, 2009,
Whoa how did I forget korn. Ima go look into sum of their stuff now. Btw thanx for for the Walk this way advice, I think I might try it out. Tuning I could change but I'm just a tad too lazy to do it now. Took a while to go to drop C... I might just get my ESP right after so I dont have to tune my guitar back to Drop C
what bout bring the noize? by Anthrax and public enemy if you can pull it off that is.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
metal remix of ice ice baby
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by Razgriz_101
what bout bring the noize? by Anthrax and public enemy if you can pull it off that is.

Nope, drummer cant play that. He does suck... Well its not like I was able to choose the members. anyways theres way too many rap parts so singer is rendered useless. I do want to see him stand up the stage n do nothing like a idiot tho, would b nice
One sentence will solve all your problems - "It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under..." Put a few power chords in there - all sorted
Try "Nine Thou (Superstars Remix)" by Styles Of Beyond. My band sometimes throws it in the middle of our concerts, an I usually do some crazy stuff to make the guitar even more interesting. Mosty rap, but if your singer's like that, I don't he'd appreciate only doing harmonies for the chorus XD
Originally Posted by Bovaiveu:

This is my guitar. There are not many like it, and this one is mine. My guitar is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. Me without my guitar, is useless. Need I say more?
Last edited by Rockinguitar at Nov 24, 2009,
Epic by Faith no more.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.