Is it only me or did my gameboy brainwash me into liking some of this garbage?!!? i totally bash it all the time but, then started jamming to an IAMERROR song about pokemon haha.
HORSE is the only band that can be considered nintendocore. And maybe Math the Band, but there's not really enough -core there. Even HORSE shouldn't REALLY be considered nintendocore. It's one of those genres that's not really a genre. I can guarantee that 98% of the bands you call "nintendocore" are just nu-metalcore bands with a keyboard player.
As far as metalcore with keyboard goes, HORSE and Genghis Tron are great. Sky Eats Airplane are pretty good. Most of the rest are crap.
Pretty much any band that uses synths gets called nintendocore. It's fucking annoying. The only other band I've heard being called that is Dragonforce, which doesn't even make sense...
Quote by Magero
Such a stupid genre. HORSE the band are the only musicians that should have existed.

Quote by saxaxe
HORSE is the only band that can be considered nintendocore. And maybe Math the Band, but there's not really enough -core there. Even HORSE shouldn't REALLY be considered nintendocore. It's one of those genres that's not really a genre. I can guarantee that 98% of the bands you call "nintendocore" are just nu-metalcore bands with a keyboard player.
As far as metalcore with keyboard goes, HORSE and Genghis Tron are great. Sky Eats Airplane are pretty good. Most of the rest are crap.

Quote by Magero
Pretty much any band that uses synths gets called nintendocore. It's fucking annoying. The only other band I've heard being called that is Dragonforce, which doesn't even make sense...

Agreed on all counts.
Quote by Magero
Such a stupid genre. HORSE the band are the only musicians that should have existed.

THIS.

srsly
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
anamanaguchi are awesome, except they are poppy as all fvcking hell. but they do live programming through gameboys and shit. i havent heard any other -core bands honestly use nintendo sounds fluently.

im guessing i should look into HORSE the band...?
never could get into that kind of stuff, although i do dig my best friends playing of the super mario brothers theme on his guitar via tapping the strings above the pickups with my homemade metal slide, and yes we where quite hammered when we discovered it.
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
the breakdown at the end of cutsman makes me cream my pants.
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
you are also like 5 years late TS
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Keith Buckley on HORSE the Band. "We would not be a band if it weren't for these guys. Their wildly uninteresting and self-proclaimed innovation is what keeps us going."
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by to45t
anamanaguchi are awesome, except they are poppy as all fvcking hell. but they do live programming through gameboys and shit. i havent heard any other -core bands honestly use nintendo sounds fluently.

im guessing i should look into HORSE the band...?

They only use a hacked NES, no Gameboys. And they aren't core at all, but they are absolutely incredible.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
horse the band doesnt even consider themselves to be nintendocore, they came up with the term as a joke. genghis tron could never be considered nintendocore, since they dont use 8bit sounding synths etc..
Quote by recklessnick
hatebreed used to be nintendocore

ya..****in sellouts
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
^noice
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by tancanada
uhhh what exactly is nintendocore anyways?

It doesn't really exist. HORSE the Band called themselves it jokingly once because of the bitcrush synth they were using

And then all of a sudden, every core band with a synth was erroneously labeled "nintedocore".
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by tancanada
uhhh what exactly is nintendocore anyways?

Well, I consider it to be any band that uses 8-bit synths/samples in their music, thus sounding like theyre sampling nintendo game music (maybe some even do?).

On that note, I enjoy Sky Eats Airplane