Page 1 of 2
My friend says that he will buy my concert tickets till the end of the year if I figure out this riddle:

There are 3 men: One is blind, one is deaf and one is mute. The mute man sees the deaf man stealing the blind man's wife... now how can the mute man tell the blind one that his wife has been kidnapped?

I've thought it over for a while and can't come up with anything. Pit help.
the mute one can design braille in the form of "Paul kidnapped your wife".

I named the deaf one Paul.

Poop.

Yes, poop.
By sucking the blind man off. He will notice it isn't his wife and conclude that that communist deaf pig stole his wife.
The Mute man learns braille and communicates through braille to say that his wife is dead.
DeVillains!
Write it down for a someone who isn't mute or blind to read to the blind man?
using a computer text-to-speech program.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by mcfreaki
using a computer text-to-speech program.

Yeah its Stephen Hawking.
It's not really a riddle. There are tonnes of ways he can tell him!

Your friend must be looking for a specific answer. A trick question maybe? Hmmm...

EDIT: The suggestions so far (Computer text-to-speech, braille, someone else to say it) have had nothing to do with the guy that stole the wife being deaf. Maybe that's the key.
Last edited by Icarus Lives at Nov 24, 2009,
This isn't much of a riddle
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Why doesn't the mute guy go behind the deaf guy and kill him? Not like the deaf guy will hear him creeping behind him. The mute guy can't make any noise, so it's not like he'd yell "WHY DID I DO THIIIIIIIIIIIS" or the always appropriate "YAHHHHHHHHHH" that seems to give killers away all the time.
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Nov 24, 2009,
why would he tell the blind man when he can run off and join in with the other two?
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

There never was a deaf man, the blind man's wife died years ago in a car accident, that was also when the blind man turned blind. He was the one driving ಠ_ಠ
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Nov 24, 2009,
Quote by Kensai
There never was a deaf man, the blind man's wife died years ago in a car accident, that was also when the blind man turned blind. He was the one driving ಠ_ಠ

But then who was mute?!
This sounds like one of those lateral thinking puzzles that only work if you get to ask yes/no questions. My guess is that Blind, Deaf and Mute are just their names, or something fucking unlikely like that.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 24, 2009,
Well, assuming they're all in the same room when this happens, then he'll know it from his wife's screams, unless she's into that sort of thing.

Otherwise, text to speech program would seem to be the most logical way to tell him.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
But then who was mute?!

A figment of his own imagination.

ಠ_ಠ
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
First take the blind man over the river leaving the deaf and mute men on one side.

Come back, take the deaf man over, leave him there BUT take the blind man back with you.

Now collect the mute man and leave the blind man back on the original side. Return the mute.

Finally come back and collect the blind man.

I forgot to mention the blind man's wife was there too, now they're all on the other side of the river, you can sail off with her downstream.

YOU kidnapped his wife.

Choose your free gigs
Quote by bendystraw
I go down on one knee and do that shit cello style

The mute man grabbed a bicycle and spoke.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
've come across several variations of this riddle. Many involve a stolen orange instead of $100.

One of the variations uses the word both as in "There is a deaf man, a blind man and a mute man. They both have an orange".

This giving the hint that there are only two men on the island.
Thus the solution is that the man who is both mute and deaf can simply give the blind man back his orange/$100 (letting him know that he had stolen it in the first place).

The other answer deals with the final sentence:
"How can Mute tell Blind what happened? "
The answer is "he could tell him by saying he stole your $100".
In other words "if he wasn't mute, he would simply tell him".
This answers the question asked even though it is impossible for mute to actually do so because he is mute.
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
The mute man grabbed a bicycle and spoke.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quite simple really. Grab a Braille-English dictionary (or something similar) and string a sentence together.

It's probably not the answer but it would work IRL.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Why doesn't the mute guy go behind the deaf guy and kill him? Not like the deaf guy will hear him creeping behind him. The mute guy can't make any noise, so it's not like he'd yell "WHY DID I DO THIIIIIIIIIIIS" or the always appropriate "YAHHHHHHHHHH" that seems to give killers away all the time.

Finally found something to sig.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by The Tak
My friend says that he will buy my concert tickets till the end of the year if I figure out this riddle:

There are 3 men: One is blind, one is deaf and one is mute. The mute man sees the deaf man stealing the blind man's wife... now how can the mute man tell the blind one that his wife has been kidnapped?

I've thought it over for a while and can't come up with anything. Pit help.

Morse code. BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP
either brail, some sort of auto-speak computer program, or the wife wasn't kidnapped, she was just an adulterer.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Or wait! Perhaps the Blind man isn't actually blind blind and so all the mute man had to do was find his glasses for him ^.^
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Who cares really, prehaps the wife was a whore
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
The deaf man is also the mute man. Therefore he is a deaf-mute!! People born deaf obviously can't speak because they don't know how the words are supposed to sound.
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
It's a trick riddle, all the guys are the same person.

Multiple Personality Disorder FTW!!!

He's blind, deaf, and mute like Anne Frank
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by reb_49

Yea, but she was also World Hide And Seek Champion, 1942-1944.
Quote by MightyAl
Yea, but she was also World Hide And Seek Champion, 1942-1944.

Oh **** i mean Hellen Keller
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by billybusa
Finally found something to sig.

Quote by reb_49

From the world, maybe. Not much access to the world inside of your attic. =P
Page 1 of 2