How do you guys get good vibrato, while doing a full bend. I can't for the life of me figure it out, and I have been trying for a while. Is there a certain technique or do I just need to get stronger?
Angus = god
need to get stronger!!
I don't do anything differently than normal vibrato and mine sound sweet!
The way to a girls heart is through her ribcage
How many fingers are you using?
I usually do full bends with my ring finger and have the index and middle supporting it, easy bends and I usually get a good vibrato off them.
Quote by RyanIbanezMan
I usually do full bends with my ring finger and have the index and middle supporting it, easy bends and I usually get a good vibrato off them.

I use my ring finger too. I just can't get the note to hold the same pitch with vibrato because I either move it up and down to much or too little once it is bent a full step. Its really hard
Angus = god
Use the weight of the neck.... Like don't grip your neck but hold the note and "jiggle" your neck.... with some practice that will work...
Quote by Morid
Use the weight of the neck.... Like don't grip your neck but hold the note and "jiggle" your neck.... with some practice that will work...

Thanks, I'll try that
Angus = god
I use whatever finger is convenient. Its a bitch with the pinky. For a bit of vibrato, you might try using the violin technique. That is when you hold the pitch you can move your hand a little up and down the string. This works great on those big heart-stopping bends when you need a bit of extra sustain.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by RyanIbanezMan

Dude, you shouldn't be using your fingers!

The strength for a bend comes from your arm, and your fingers do not bend. The motion you are after is to twist your arm, pivoting on your thumb (which, for these purposes, should be over the top of the neck).

Your fingers shouldn't bend.
Tone helps too sometimes, if you use like basic setting they can come out good, but better sustain/tone sounds generally better.
Gear:
Schechter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Line 6 Pocket POD
Fender 15G Amp (Boo)
Wishlist:
ESP Signature (Syu) Crying Star
ESP Signature (Leda) Horizon II NT
Marshall DSL100 Halfstack
BOSS GT-10 Effects Pedal
As chainsawguitar mentioned, bends come from the wrist, not the fingers. Listen to what he says, definitely. And in that same vein, vibrato while bending, and just vibrato in particular, is done with the wrists. Or, rather, you can do it with your fingers too but it's just easier and more efficient when using your wrists for the motion and the strength to back it rather than your fingers.

Another word of advice that I haven't seen is, and I'm sure this seems like common sense to you, but I have to point it out anyways: Go slowly. As pointed out before, start with slow half-step bends where you're doing it at a slow enough pace to cleanly apply vibrato to the bend. Just make sure you get it -right- and keep doing it like that, until you get comfortable with doing it enough so that you can do it at a higher speed, until you can do it at a whim.