Right forum now !

Last week at my schools talent show , just after my band came off stage and went back stage ... the strap falls off my les paul for the first time since i got it and i manage to catch the guitar by the toggle switch.The switch is bent and when i put it into the treble or rhythm position its off centre but still works perfectly .

Any way to put it back centre?
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
throw it up and catch it upside down by the toggle switch. seriously tho i have no clue that sucks id be pissed
new switch plus get strap locks so this doesnt happen
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Strap locks and a new switch.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
+1 on the new switch and strap locks.

As for the switch, it may break off completely... when you need it most. Just replace it.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
switches are a cheap swap out if needed.

you're very lucky. so use it, until it breaks. then buy a new one for around $10.
and solder it in, or

have a shop replace it.

when you add strap locks, just know that the new screw doesnt always fit nicely in the hole. and might need to be reinforced.

also a rubber washer squeezed to fit over the outtermost part of a regular strap pin, will snuggly hold a strap in place.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 24, 2009,
Thanks for the advice guys.Im gonna wait until it breaks(Dont fix something thats not broken) and then get one off thomann . As for strap locks , ill probably get dunlop ones .
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
Quote by joey arce
new switch plus get strap locks so this doesnt happen

+1

EDIT: is it just turned, or is the knob actually bent?
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
1984 Marshall JCM 800 4210
Voc AC30c2
Last edited by RockinRyan13 at Nov 24, 2009,
how did you possibly manage to catch your guitar using a toggle switch, kudos for that my friend!
If it aint entirly damaged try bending it back, otherwise buy a new switch... it still works fine so i dont see why you shouldnt bend it, its worth a try
GEAR :

Ibanez SA260FM
Burswood Strat Copy
Marshall GV-2 Distortion
Crate FlexWave 120 Amp