Hey. Right now im i jam with my stratocaster with my new hot rails in them. it sounds great and im quite happy with it. I use a boss metal zone mt-2 distortion pedal with a 5w peave transtube. Im quite happy with it. I have one problem.. i have 22 fretts.. i would like 24. ive heard that replacing the neck wont work..cuz you cant put a 24frett neck on a 22 guitar because of distance with some bolts or some shit. I wanna buy a new guitar this christmas. I want 24 fretts, a good crisp metal tone, and it has to be easy to move around the fret board. I play a lot of the fall of troy and i need to be able to move around it fast. If you find all these qualities in a cheapier guitar that just doesnt have a great tone..ill be happy replacing the pickups if need be. Im not looking to spend too much..250-400..maybe a little more if neccessary. Please point me in the right direction
Quote by dm1925

+1. If you're going to shred, this is the best choice.
[img]http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/10/24/633604588429325324-annoyance.jpg[/img]

Billy Mays is definitely gonna give me nightmares now.

Quote by xxGUITARZER0xx
honestly no

but i just did the pallet town theme song cause someone wanted that

Quote by speakers
all of the above
ibanez xpt300fx would be a good choice if you are looking for an unconventional shape
Your tone comes from your amp.
Your guitar barely makes any difference.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
If you want a good crisp metal tone get rid of your Metalzone and your Transtube.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Sounds like you'll be looking a lot at Ibanez, due to their thin necks. You said you can press the budget, so here are some RGs between $300 and $500. I hope you don't mind the Edge III trem though, at $500 that's all you're gonna get.

RG350MDX
RG350DX
RG7321 (This one's a 7-string)
RG5EX1
RG4EXFM1
RG350R1
RG350EX
RG370DX
RG5SP1
RG2EXT1
RG370AX

They're all in that same price range, so they're very similar. They all have a 24-fret neck, a thin Wizard II neck contour, and Ibanez's Infinity series pickups. The 2EXT1 and 5SP1 are the only ones that don't use INF3, INFS3, and INF4 pickups though, so out of these suggestions, it's mostly up to your personal preference. The 7321 doesn't have an Edge III tremolo, but the rest do.
Again, use the Edge III with caution, is it isn't the best bridge, but, you won't get much better in that price range anyway.

Here's some non-Ibanez ones I'd suggest.

Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy
Epiphone Prophecy SG (Buy this one used on Musician's Friend for $415, that's in your budget)
Jackson DXMG (This one pushes your budget quite a bit)
Sterling by MusicMan JP50 John Petrucci (This pushes the budget even more than the DXMG)
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Chrisiphone
If you want a good crisp metal tone get rid of your Metalzone

Fixed.

Most of the Transtube series are decent solid state amps, especially for practise.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by valdean
Your tone comes from your amp.
Your guitar barely makes any difference.

Yes and no.

With low-end (read: cheap) amps and effects the guitar will make minimal difference assuming you're using the same type of pickups (humbuckers, singles).

With higher-end amps the tone becomes much more responsive and you'll find that different guitars, pickups and such sound quite different.

Since the TS is looking for more frets on his guitar I'd say his choice of a new guitar rather than a new amp is relatively justified but I would warn TS: Your new guitar will not sound hugely different to the old one through that pedal, if you want to change your tone significantly then a new amp is the way to go first.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yea actually im planning on buying a tube amp. im looking at 20 watt peavys right now. i love the sound
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ