http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg370dxbk.htm

One of my friends is trying to sell me one, it is used but only a bit and may need some cleaning, strings changing (will go to a guitar shop about that seeming as its a locking tremelo.)

He says he wants around £100, I've been saving it up my money for a little while and I've got it. I don't really want to miss out on it but I thought to get some advice here, about changing it to different tunings, I don't think i will change it from standard anyway as I have another guitar for doing stuff like that.

Seeming as its around 300 on thomann I think that 100 would be a good deal :P. So any advice and any info on the guitar?

Cheers, Kill0Switch
My name is Jack.
I have a 370 and frankly I love it.
I have yet to experience one of the "Edge 3 horror stories". The only downside is the weak stock pickups, but all in all £ 100 is a nice deal if it's in decent state.
my flat mate has one, very nice guiatr to play, pickups arnt atualy to bad unlike my spelinz
we have had it down to drop c before and the trem was fine and held tunign fine too

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Good deal, however I have heard many horror stories of the edge 3 trem, upgrading to an edge pro or FR is always an option.
Yeah but as long as I care about it and make sure its working properly etc. it should be fine right? And I don't plan on doing loads of divebombing and stuff like that.... yet. Lol, thanks for comments guys.
My name is Jack.
Working fine, yes; if it works fine then it will work fine. For a time.

Anyways, so long as it's all working well and is in decent condition then £100 is a pretty good price.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
i woudn't want to trust the trem. That being said, £100 isn't all that much compared to the new price (assuming it's in good nick, and the trem already hasn't died), so it might be worth it. Up to you.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Does anyone have an idea to judge whether its fine lol? He's hardly used it from what i can see, I could see no scratches from a glance, then again it was black :/. I'm going back to take a look some time, will there be any distinct differences between my guitar without the tremolo that I will be able to see?
My name is Jack.
the trem, or the whole guitar, or both?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hook it up to a tuner, make sure it's in tune. Then give it a few good dive-bombs and see if it's still in tune afterward.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Dave_Mc
i woudn't want to trust the trem. That being said, £100 isn't all that much compared to the new price (assuming it's in good nick, and the trem already hasn't died), so it might be worth it. Up to you.

Yep. The trem is only reliable if it's perfectly set up, 'cause it's not the most durable trem ever. I suppose you could get a knife edge plate built out of hardened steel for it, but that wouldn't be cheap.

BTW Dave, did you ever get that Gotoh FR on your RG470?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I meant the trem, I don't want to buy it and then it be kinda dead, and thanks for the well dive bomb idea . I'll try that out, and from what I've seen theres no scratches or anything but although its black like said, so I'll get a proper look at it next time Thanks guys.
My name is Jack.
Quote by oneblackened
Yep. The trem is only reliable if it's perfectly set up, 'cause it's not the most durable trem ever. I suppose you could get a knife edge plate built out of hardened steel for it, but that wouldn't be cheap.

BTW Dave, did you ever get that Gotoh FR on your RG470?

what do you think?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
nah. studs are the wrong size, is the problem, don't really want to chance it with the old studs as they're kinda word, i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
nah. studs are the wrong size, is the problem, don't really want to chance it with the old studs as they're kinda word, i think.

Know any guitar techs in your area? Get them to do it.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
that's the problem, not really. There's one guy who did a refret for me, but, far as i can tell he does more vintage-style guitars, so don't know how much he knows about floyds. And he's quite a bit away too, and in the middle of nowhere so it'd be a one-errand trip, which is annoying.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's basic woodwork, I don't think he'd have trouble with it. It's just a dowel and redrill type of thing.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
yeah, but i just want to be sure it'll work before the work is done, kinda thing. to be sure it'll intonate properly and all that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?