really i just want some info about these, are they just as good as normal warwicks? are they worth the money? im gonna try out one soon, just want your opinions first.

thanks in advance
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
Not as good as the "good" ones, even the price says it, but afaik they are quite decent, also Warwick is releasing new and improved wave of Rockbasses soon.
For the price, they are good. But they simply aren't true Warwicks.There is much more of a marked difference between Warwick and Rockbass than, say, Fenders and Squiers. A huge part of the Warwick sound and feel is the quality and type of woods used- woods you don't find on the Rockbass series.

Try a Rockbass and a Warwick side by side and you'll know exactly what I mean. If you can handle saving up a bit more, go beyond Rockbass for the real deal.
A lot of the woods (most) on the Rockbasses are different than Warwicks. Most of them are alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard, most of which (except maybe rosewood) aren't used on Warwicks much. I think the electronics are different, too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
For the price, they are good. But they simply aren't true Warwicks.There is much more of a marked difference between Warwick and Rockbass than, say, Fenders and Squiers. A huge part of the Warwick sound and feel is the quality and type of woods used- woods you don't find on the Rockbass series.

Try a Rockbass and a Warwick side by side and you'll know exactly what I mean. If you can handle saving up a bit more, go beyond Rockbass for the real deal.

Nail hit right on the head. Good Fender/Squire analogy as well. They are good apparently, try one if you can! But obviously, they aren't up to the standards of the higher-end Warwicks, hence the price tag.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
The last 3 clips on my profile are from a Rockbass Corvette.

I paid £160 for mine and for that price I can't think of anything better. My old Ibanez SR305 sounded lifeless and weak compared to the Rockbass. The active preamp and the pickups are probably the best features on it, everything else is pretty adverage mid-range/low range bass. My only annoyance was the nut broke easily and it took me a week to get rid of a neck problem. Sometimes you can get a nice growl out of it and you think "it's like a baby Warwick", but that's the most 'Warwick' you'll get from it.

I rate my Corvette higher than any Ibanez under the SR500 range, Shinhoman (on this forum) rates his Streamer higher than his MIM P bass.
i had/have a rockbass vampyre and it felt really good to play. however, the head split away from the neck and warwick/rockbass have assumed that because it has never happened before, it must be my fault.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You got a picture of the break? And how on earth did it happen?

yeah i made a thread a while ago. i'll have a look for it or re-upload the photo. i was just standing waiting to go on and it snapped

EDIT: post 9 https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066835
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by Micehorns
The last 3 clips on my profile are from a Rockbass Corvette.

I paid £160 for mine and for that price I can't think of anything better. My old Ibanez SR305 sounded lifeless and weak compared to the Rockbass. The active preamp and the pickups are probably the best features on it, everything else is pretty adverage mid-range/low range bass. My only annoyance was the nut broke easily and it took me a week to get rid of a neck problem. Sometimes you can get a nice growl out of it and you think "it's like a baby Warwick", but that's the most 'Warwick' you'll get from it.

I rate my Corvette higher than any Ibanez under the SR500 range, Shinhoman (on this forum) rates his Streamer higher than his MIM P bass.

growl? wow i must get one of these ... cheers guys
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12