So I bought a Jag at the end of july and recently It's started sqealing a bit when I play it with a lot of gain, which is 75% of the time. I phoned up my local shop and they said they'd have a look at it but I might just have to replace the pickups. So basically, I want to start looking for some new pickups so I can get them changed while my guitar's in the shop if need be.

In short: Can anyone reccomend a pair of chrome humbuckers for a Fender Jaguar HH?
£150 max.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Hmm...

Easy.

IronGear pickups. UK company. If you like lots of gain, look at the Hammer Head and Steam Hammer buckers.

Though looking at the guitar, probably a Rolling Mill. Or the more expensive (£35) "Blues Engine"

About £25 each and yes that is cheap, but no they are not cheap and they pi$$ all over far more expensive brands...ask anyone.

They do have sound clips on there too.

http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_032.htm
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Nov 24, 2009,
Jaguar, huh?
Well I''d get a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and somethin PAFy in the neck.

EDIT: I see you want chrome pickups, well that limits the choice...
I would take Seymour Duncans, a set of '59 or Alnico II's for classic rock, indie...
Or something heavier à la Distortion if you play heavier music.
Last edited by TheOpenMind at Nov 24, 2009,
Check out GFS Pickups - http://www.guitarfetish.com/ - particularly the Mean 90s. Great pickups for the Jag HH. I heard a demo on www.shortscale.org and it sounded awesome. They run @ like 35$ a pickup.

Lank
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
Quote by TheOpenMind
Jaguar, huh?
Well I''d get a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and somethin PAFy in the neck.

EDIT: I see you want chrome pickups, well that limits the choice...
I would take Seymour Duncans, a set of '59 or Alnico II's for classic rock, indie...
Or something heavier à la Distortion if you play heavier music.

I'd say SD and Pafy in the neck if you want a Cobain sound. Later on Kurt used the JB in the bridge.
My Gear:
Did you get a set of pickups yet? if so, what ?
My Gear: