Hey UG

I currently have 0.09 strings on my guitar. I have a Fender strat. In the back, there are 4 springs. Now the problem is that that strings are kinda 'loose'. Could I fix this by getting a spring out and how do i do this?

Thanks

Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
you mean they bend too easily? if so, just go up a string gauge.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No, what I mean is that they hit the fretboard to easily while playing, which produces some buzz tones.
Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
Quote by BvH001
No, what I mean is that they hit the fretboard to easily while playing, which produces some buzz tones.

raise the action abit
Quote by BvH001

move up to .010 gauge strings. thicker gauge will help create more tension, and most likely result in less buzz.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']move up to .010 gauge strings. thicker gauge will help create more tension, and most likely result in less buzz.

+1

You atleast need a heavier gauge of strings. I use 3 springs for .10.
Thicker strings are good, and also train your finger strength, but...if there is buzzing you need to raise the action. Yes tighten your springs in that back, that might help you out a little bit.

Let me know if you have any other questions dude.
Quote by BvH001

you mean your action is too low? or the truss rod needs to be adjusted?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I am guessing that you have it tuned properly lol. There should be screws to those springs in the back. If your strings keep detuing (flat) then you should definitely tighten those screws. If that doesn't work, or if your strings then go sharp, then change the action.
look at the guitar set up thread in this forum, to see how to set up a strat type floating bridge guitar.

there are several variables involved which are described in detail, if you have any questions just post in that thread to get an expert answer.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix