I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to amps, but
I'm looking for a relatively "cheap amp"... I play a Mexican Fender Tele, and am looking for something versatile, that I could get away with playing clean stuff on, and run an acoustic through, But I really want something i could 'get heavy/alternative with! XD
I'd like to be able to play stuff like:
Biffy Clyro, Alexisonfire, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Paramore, the Used & the Fall of Troy on it.
It would need to be quite loud and giggable
I don't mind if its a combo or Head & Cab!
is there anything out there? if so what?
Thanks
Exact budget please.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Peavey.

Depending on the budget, which you were super vague for aside from 'cheap', you could go with a Valveking, XXX, JSX...

You're not gonna get much that's good for 'cheap' unless you go used.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
the marshall MA is out in december and it should do what you want and a 50watt combo should be under $700
i play a fender squier classic vibe 60's strat on a peavy vyper 15...cost like 100 bucks...i really am impressed with it...its got a good bit of effects and all on it...big enough to blow it down but small enough to toss it in the car with no problem
Quote by purvis
i play a fender squier classic vibe 60's strat on a peavy vyper 15...cost like 100 bucks...i really am impressed with it...its got a good bit of effects and all on it...big enough to blow it down but small enough to toss it in the car with no problem

15w is kinda pushin it for a decent gig...

I wouldn't go any lower than 30w comfortably, and I'd prefer 60w. You don't need much higher than that, though, unless you're playing stadiums. Most places mic you through the front of the house these days anyway.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
15w is kinda pushin it for a decent gig...

I wouldn't go any lower than 30w comfortably, and I'd prefer 60w. You don't need much higher than that, though, unless you're playing stadiums. Most places mic you through the front of the house these days anyway.

i'd say that 15watt is fine for a gig, my blackstar artisan 15 is plenty loud enough, plus to be honest you'd want to mic that shit up so the sound engineer can work their magic to get the levels right, so its all cool brah
Quote by t3l3caster
i'd say that 15watt is fine for a gig, my blackstar artisan 15 is plenty loud enough, plus to be honest you'd want to mic that shit up so the sound engineer can work their magic to get the levels right, so its all cool brah

Yeah that's what I amended at the end. Some places don't mic you, though. They expect you to bring that stuff yourself, and if your band is poor like mine was, we were SOL.

Anyway, like I said at 50w it's just my preference.

But yeah, initial point is that you don't need 8,000 watts like a lot of people think. I went out and bought a XXX combo at 150w when I was an impressionable kid, and it's way overkill.

Not that I don't love th etone - I do, I'll just be getting a 50W at some point.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Nov 24, 2009,
Quote by strat0blaster
Yeah that's what I amended at the end. Some places don't mic you, though. They expect you to bring that stuff yourself, and if your band is poor like mine was, we were SOL.

Anyway, like I said at 50w it's just my preference.

But yeah, initial point is that you don't need 8,000 watts like a lot of people think. I went out and bought a XXX combo at 150w when I was an impressionable kid, and it's way overkill.

Not that I don't love th etone - I do, I'll just be getting a 50W at some point.

ah cool no worries, fair play and yeah, some venues do throw you in like that, touché
Quote by t3l3caster
ah cool no worries, fair play and yeah, some venues do throw you in like that, touché

And damn them for it. haha.

Anyway - random and non related question since telecaster is your ID - I'm lookin into one, but I play progressive/hard rock. I could put a hot rails in and be satisfied with that, but any suggestions? I don't know much about Teles.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you