Im in the market for a new guitar for metal.latly Iv been listining to more death metal and such as cannibal coprse and cradle of filth stuff like that and need a guitar to suit this.I sold my RR3 and my charvel just doent get the sound I need.I was thinking about a Xiphos or mabe another Jackson V.But if I get a Xiphos I want the 7 string one.BUt I have concern with it.IF I get the 7 string will it be harder to play 6 string songs?Like children of bodom for example.

thanks guys
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Well, the seven string has a wider neck, but you get used to it. If I were you I'd probably get an LTD viper 401 or something along those lines.

EDIT: Oh, and what kind of charvel do you have? I love those
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
I've never had any problems playing six string material on my seven string,and the added options that low B provides makes them the go to guitar for metal and other genres that utilize heavy tones.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Sicon
Iv been listining to more death metal and such as cannibal coprse and cradle of filth stuff like that

Cradle of Filth is not Death Metal.

Quote by Sicon
BUt I have concern with it.IF I get the 7 string will it be harder to play 6 string songs?

A 7 string is the same as a 6 string with an extra string on the bass side. A little wider neck. So yes you can play 6 string songs on a 7.
I would suggest an Ibanez or an ESP LTD model. My lead guitarist uses an MH-1000 and it's great. I'm a bass player myself, but I do run an ESP and our old guitarist used an Ibanez.
Ibanez and ESP both make 7 strings.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electric-Guitar-Guitar.gc?src=7+string

Either of them would do very well for you. =]
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
OK guys thanks now I dont have to worrie about playing a 7. I have heard some amazing things about the Xiphos. Has anyone had any experiance with them? But if I was to go with the V route I would like it to be a off set V like RR that was a 7 string.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Well if you are looking at Jacksons Sam Ash has the RR24M on sale right now....list is $1799.99 on sale for 599.99.

Pretty good deal if you ask me plus it comes with a SKB case which is prob worth about 2-3 hundred alone.

But not a 7 string so.............
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
yeah i noticed that deal and I about shit myself
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Well, I can tell you that I took advantage of that deal and got me a RR24M black w/ white bevels, and they are a great guitar.

Neck through maple with ebony fret markers
Alder body
painted neck
Floyd Rose
EMG 81
Compoud Radius neck
SKB Case

It really is the easiest guitar I have ever played.

And with a few trade ins it can be had for even cheaper. I traded in my RG370DX and my LTD MH-1000FMNT and I ended up walking out the door with the Jackson and a pack of D'Addario strings for $98.91. Not too bad a price for what is originally an $1800.00 guitar
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Sicon
Im in the market for a new guitar for metal.latly Iv been listining to more death metal and such as cannibal coprse and cradle of filth stuff like that and need a guitar to suit this.I sold my RR3 and my charvel just doent get the sound I need.I was thinking about a Xiphos or mabe another Jackson V.But if I get a Xiphos I want the 7 string one.BUt I have concern with it.IF I get the 7 string will it be harder to play 6 string songs?Like children of bodom for example.

thanks guys
What amp are you using in interest? Most of your sound comes from your amp.. Which means you don't have to spend shite loads on a guitar to get a sound you're after. A decent EQ board and amp will sort that out.

Anyways Jackson cut it for me to be honest. Although Schecter, Dean & Ibanez are worth looking into aswell.

& for a 7 string you'd just have to learn to mute the bottom string when not using it.

& also CoF is most certainly not death metal or black metal.