I think i may have asked this before...if not then i still want to know lol.

I learned 5 shapes of the major scale. going up and down the neck. if i wanted to i could compose to to move vertical and whatnot.
what really wanted to know if lets say im playing the second position in the key of C and i wanted to play the same thing in the key of D would all i have to do is make sure i'm starting the scale over again on the D note or a different fret.
Quote by Tim.Paragon
I think i may have asked this before...if not then i still want to know lol.

I learned 5 shapes of the major scale. going up and down the neck. if i wanted to i could compose to to move vertical and whatnot.
what really wanted to know if lets say im playing the second position in the key of C and i wanted to play the same thing in the key of D would all i have to do is make sure i'm starting the scale over again on the D note or a different fret.

Yep, that's one of the benefits of knowing scale patterns.
shred is gaudy music
Just bear in mind that you don't need to "start" the scale on a different note to play in a different key when it comes to actually using it. As long as you're using the right 7 notes of whichever major scale you're supposed to be using then it doesn't matter what order you play them in, obviosuly sometimes you may want to start a phrase on the root because that's the sound you want, but you don't need to.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com