Page 1 of 3
So i was bonding with my father and we had a good trust thing going on at the moment so I told him all the harder drugs I've taken. Shrooms, acid, X and I told him about my run on methadone. Then out of nowhere he's like "methadone ehh? I had to take them to prevent my heroin addiction back in the day." Now i knew my dad toked up when he was younger but HEROIN?!?!? We talked about it some more and it was a decent story, and I'm glad he shared that with me.

Anyone else parents a Ex-junkie? Talk to your parents about drugs... before its too late.
Nope. My dad smoked weed once and didn't like it when he was a teenager. My mother has only drank alcohol.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yeah, I really don't know, I highly doubt any of my parents did any hard drugs (stuff other than weed, acid...). btw, how did you end up having this conversation, this would be WAY too awkward for me.
My dad said he did weed and didn't like it, but I think he's full of shit because he knows a lotttt about it. My mom, nothing.
Had this convo with my Dad a few years ago. He's been around but he's never touched heroin or a needle. All that really matters to me.

Needles just scream junkie. I don't see a problem with experimenting with most things as long as you don't cross that line or ride it to a point where you're dependent.
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful.
was it a full blown addiction or just an urge to do it after doing it once or twice?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
My parents did a lot of stuff like cocaine, shrooms, acid. I dont think they ever did heroine though. My mom smoked a lot of pot when she was pregnant with my brother and I, its probably why we both has asthma
my dad claimed once to have 'never in his life paid for cocaine'. I don't mind, he doesn't even smoke nowadays. People do stuff when they're young, especially in the 70s, and people change.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Well, I don't know about junkie..
But once when we were eating, we were talking about lsd since an ex-junkie had visited my class and told us horrid tales of what will happen if you do drugs.. And apparently, according to this ex-junkie, a lsd-trip was the end of his drugdays (it was his first time) and he said it was the most horrible thing ever...
ANYWHO, I told this story to my dad, on which he responded:
"LSD?It's not thaaat bad.."

That was back in the days when people usually don't tell their twelve year old kids that drugs aren't "that bad", even if it's true.
Good parenting fo sho.
Gear:
Some sort of guitar, of some sort.
Another one
Big amp
Small amp
A pedal
A pedal again
Some kind of box that goes into the computer.. Haven't figured out its function yet.
Last edited by lutfish at Nov 24, 2009,
I doubt either of my parents have done drugs. They can be fairly conservative and my Mom always preaches about how terrible they are.
I'm pretty sure that when my dad was in the navy he would do all kinds of drugs and bang prostitutes in Guam
Quote by JAHellraiser
was it a full blown addiction or just an urge to do it after doing it once or twice?

I don't think it was full blown cause most people who are full blown don't kick the habit. He said he was doing it with some friends for a little while but one of his friends was smart enough to tell him whats up and help him get off it before it got bad.
Quote by aaciseric
I doubt either of my parents have done drugs. They can be fairly conservative and my Mom always preaches about how terrible they are.

Those are almost always the ones who partied hardest back in their day
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Both parents tried weed. My mom liked it but she tells me that it's unlegal, so she (or me) can't just smoke weed. Father didn't like it at all.
Dayam..Heroin is a nasty drug, dude. Whats he doing bragging? Does he WANT you to start it?

My dad did weed and tobacco. Thats all I know about.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
My parents split up because my Dad got into crack.
He used to drink way too much as well.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Yeah I've had that conversation with my dad before. He's pretty open about drug use. Hell, he and I have smoked together numerous times. Ha, he even told me he once did coke with SRV. That one caught me a bit off guard.

He doesn't do hard stuff anymore. He just sticks to pot now.
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah I've had that conversation with my dad before. He's pretty open about drug use. Hell, he and I have smoked together numerous times. Ha, he even told me he once did coke with SRV. That one caught me a bit off guard.

He doesn't do hard stuff anymore. He just sticks to pot now.

IMO, heroin isn't a big deal at all if you get high quality/pure stuff. it's the street shit that makes it bad.

OT, i'm fairly certain my dad's smoked like once back in college. my mom never did anything like that.
My parents are saints, according to them they have never even been drunk. I'm such a bad child.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Quote by Rupert1616

He was a recording engineer back in the day, and did a session with Stevie. Probably one of the coolest stories he's ever told.
Quote by FreakAddiction
My parents are saints, according to them they have never even been drunk. I'm such a bad child.

They sound either way over protective or really, really lame.

It's up to you to decide, Pit.
Quote by xbitmetal
Both parents tried weed. My mom liked it but she tells me that it's unlegal, so she (or me) can't just smoke weed. Father didn't like it at all.

What?
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by Ledforthehead
I don't think it was full blown cause most people who are full blown don't kick the habit. He said he was doing it with some friends for a little while but one of his friends was smart enough to tell him whats up and help him get off it before it got bad.

Oh, they can. Hard stuff, but they can.

Prisoners with heroin addictions do better than alcoholics when they're made to go cold turkey on average.
Quote by happytimeharry
He was a recording engineer back in the day, and did a session with Stevie. Probably one of the coolest stories he's ever told.

Man, that is freaking epic.
Quote by Rupert1616
Man, that is freaking epic.

Doing coke is not epic.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
my dad smoked most of his life, an my mom still does, but he's smoked weed i know, probably acid enough times because he was in his 20's during the late 60's. my mom said she smoked weed and didnt like it, and she drinks occassionally
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by Ledforthehead
So i was bonding with my father and we had a good trust thing going on at the moment so I told him all the harder drugs I've taken. Shrooms, acid, X and I told him about my run on methadone. Then out of nowhere he's like "methadone ehh? I had to take them to prevent my heroin addiction back in the day." Now i knew my dad toked up when he was younger but HEROIN?!?!? We talked about it some more and it was a decent story, and I'm glad he shared that with me.

Anyone else parents a Ex-junkie? Talk to your parents about drugs... before its too late.

your dads cool
Quote by billybusa
Doing coke is not epic.

You've obviously never done it in the excess.

Things get pretty epic once you have $200 worth of snow up your nose.
I know my dad was a drinker during his early days. he also toked a couple times but never really liked it. im pretty sure he has done other things because he wont flat out tell me no when i ask him if did anything harder.
To be honest, I don't think I want to know. I know both my parents smoked; my mum still does, cigarettes that is.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Nov 24, 2009,
Not my parents, but my uncle is a recovering heroin addict and I have a cousin who OD'd on it a couple of months ago.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Page 1 of 3