Okay, my bandmates looking for a new guitar. He says he doesn't want to pay more than £1000 for it.

- EMGs: it would be really good if it came with EMGs because swapping the pickups out is probably too much of a hassle, it'd be nice if it just came with them in already. Worst comes to worst i'll fit them for him, but then the guitar needs to be cheaper to make up for it.

- Tremolo: would be good to have

- Neck: He likes the wide but thin neck of my ibanez so ideally an ibanez would be good

- Look: Anything different looking, he likes odd sort of old styles, basically ones that look the complete opposite of metal guitars, but its a bit unlikely to get one like that, or he'd go for something ridiculously metal looking. I guess anything that isn't a black RG style guitar would be good, because thats what mine is :P

In short, an good ibanez with emgs and a locking tremolo that looks very un-metal is the ideal guitar, but I know getting all of that is unlikely :P Just suggest anything you think this guy will like :P

Thanks!
As far as I know there aren'y any Ibanez's that come with EMGs. The MTM1 comes with SD Blackouts though, which is the closest you will come (I think, not being an expert on actives).

He should look at ESP LTD guitars, most of those comes with EMGs equipped and are good metal guitars!
An LTD EC-1000FR is well within your friends' price range ($1000 US/£667.38 if I'm correct) but the neck is fairly different from Ibanez's in my experience, I've only ever played one Ibanez. It has a les paul shape, but still looks pretty metal. Another Option would be to buy some EMGs and put them in a less expensive guitar.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
I'm with your friend, I love metal non metal looking guitars, such as the Eclipse II, Explorer's (imo not too metal) and EMG Sg's.
He can afford a Prestige. The only ones that come with trems are RGs and Ss. But if he's not dead set on a trem, there's also the RGA and FR. Ibanez doesn't really put premium pickups in any of their guitars so it's highly likely that you'll need to do some modding.
If him interesting 7th string guitar.
I' recomending schecter jeff loomis sig(this guitar have floyd rose, for metal mach better is tune-o-matic. Sound is poverful!!
Because fr bridge taku up the vibrate!! this is phisic... this is doesen't important how most the bridge is good, but you can blockade it

- http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Jeff-Loomis-C7-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513832
Thanks for the input so far!
Had a horrible feeling there wasnt an ibanez with emgs I'll show him the esps, hopefully we can find somewhere nearby to try out some.. If that doesnt work, we'll probs put emgs in an ibanez....
and rawd yeah, i think its quite amusing :P his current guitar is a fender jazzmaster, so even less metal than the ones you mentioned :P looking through the ibanezes, the jtk, fr, gtk, and maybe those hollow bodied ones look like the things he'd like to be using, but i doubt we can find a metal guitar that looks like any of them XD
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
But my recommendation would be to spend an extra 50 bucks and get a C-1 ATX FR. BLACKOUTS ARE AWESOME.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by specfireeye
If him interesting 7th string guitar.
I' recomending schecter jeff loomis sig(this guitar have floyd rose, for metal mach better is tune-o-matic. Sound is poverful!!
Because fr bridge taku up the vibrate!! this is phisic... this is doesen't important how most the bridge is good, but you can blockade it

- http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Jeff-Loomis-C7-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513832

Ouch......my brain.....it hurts.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

AXL Guitars- Mayhem Series

axlguitars.com
[img]http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/10/24/633604588429325324-annoyance.jpg[/img]

Billy Mays is definitely gonna give me nightmares now.

Quote by xxGUITARZER0xx
honestly no

but i just did the pallet town theme song cause someone wanted that

Quote by speakers
all of the above
If you don't use fr bridge or if you use it infrequent...
My opinion sound is most most beetter with tune-o-maric bridge.
Because sound mine with complet wood!!

I have ltd h-500 with tune-o-matic. The guitar sound very good and I fell thet sound mine with all wood.
Quote by specfireeye
If you don't use fr bridge or if you use it infrequent...
My opinion sound is most most beetter with tune-o-maric bridge.
Because sound mine with complet wood!!

I have ltd h-500 with tune-o-matic. The guitar sound very good and I fell thet sound mine with all wood.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Ouch......my brain.....it hurts.

what he said