Anyone who has had prior experience with a Marshall 1936 or a 1922, what are your opinions?

I've found a 2x12 of both cabs on gumtree for roughly €250. I need it for a Soldano Avenger 50 Head. Would that be an appropriate match?
I've heard on various forums that they sound quite thin and harsh. But, I've never tried one.

EDIT: The 1936 Cab
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Nah, well build cab, fairly light but very directional. Personally I found the laminate quality a bit lacking.

The thing about G12T-75's is that all you get for the first few meters is treble response, stand back a bit and you hear the whole speaker, the highs are a pretty cold, but the bass response is quite tight without the midhump of V30s.

If you don't dig the tone down the road, swap for V30s, fantastic speakers. Really tight bass, Midhump pushes you right through the mix and the treble is round and warm.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
^ you can get the 1936 with V30s, its about £100 more but well worth it. i've just ordered mine to go with my Boogie Dual Rectifier and it sounds awesome with it, dont know much about Soldanos so i'm not sure if it will go well with the head but its certainly not a bad cab at all
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
a guy called ch0 has or had a 1936 cab and ive got a 1922 cab

both really good cabs imo, speakers are to everyones own taste tho.
like everyone says, just try it out if you can
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals