No-talent bands (Green Day, Linkin Park, Mariana's Trench, etc) praised and given money women and fame while talented bands/artists (Sikth, Flotsam and Jetsam, Jeff Loomis, Outworld, Arch Enemy etc) go unnoticed? Why is talent not recognized?
Why do some people think their opinions count as fact? It's a mystery.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
HOLY SHIT WHAT AN ORIGINAL THREAD

"No-talent" bands play pop music that the average person wants to listen to. There is no discussion to be had here.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Nov 24, 2009,
I prefer Green Day to all of the bands you named.

Where's your god now?!

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by String-Dancer
No-talent bands (Green Day, Linkin Park, Mariana's Trench, etc) praised and given money women and fame while talented bands/artists (Sikth, Flotsam and Jetsam, Jeff Loomis, Outworld, Arch Enemy etc) go unnoticed? Why is talent not recognized?

please define "talent" then
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
surely song writing is a talent?
in answer to my own question, yes. yes it is.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP

Quote by JEvsn
Cue a lot of facepalm-smilies.

Nailed it...

Because, in the mainstream, marketability is all that matters. The average person doesn't have the musical knowledge to appreciate technical playing fully.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Being skilled enough to write something original? Creating interesting things different then the catchy power chord riffs we all know?
Quote by SG_dave
i love how you call them no talent... talent manifests itself in many ways, working your way to the top of the music business is a talent.

This.

Have you ever had a bj from Greenday? Talented as ****!
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by moody git
surely song writing is a talent?
in answer to my own question, yes. yes it is.

I was just going to say that.
Writing a catchy pop song is talent. If you think it's so simple why don't I hear your song on the radio? Go ahead give it a try and then maybe you will gain a some respect when you realize it isn't as easy as you think.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by String-Dancer
Being skilled enough to write something original? Creating interesting things different then the catchy power chord riffs we all know?

easier to say than to write.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
the lead singer of linkin park is actually such a sick singer. shred/tech guitar =/= talent
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
When you're listening to music you don't listen out for talent. you don't go " oh, that bit was full of talent" Or at least i don't. Musical talent is a means to make better music. It 'aint music on it's own. Just because you're good at your instrument it doesn't mean you're good at music

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
One thing to remember. "Popular things are popular for a reason, becasue thier good; or because Will Smith is in it"
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by GaijinFoot
This.

Have you ever had a bj from Greenday? Talented as ****!

Clever
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Who is to say what talent is? Maybe the first batch of bands you listed are more talented in some ways than another. It's all about taste, and your taste doesn't quite fit with the mainstream, nothing to be so butthurt about (and this coming from an indie kid). For example, as some of you may have seen, over the past week I've become obsessed with Norah Jones. I never gave her a chance because of her huge popularity, but after listening to her stuff, she's now one of my favorites. Hell I'd say she has tremendous talent, moreso than a lot of bands out there. So stop convincing yourself that everything popular is bad and grow the **** up.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
It's all marketing, bro. Disney has molded the likes of the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus into the next big acts coming up. They have brainwashed girls into liking their music, their style, and their look. Come on now, what girl would rationally think any of the Jonas Brothers are attractive, if you take away the money and fame, and support all backed and orchestrated by Disney? Nobody. Disney had to take the Jonas Brothers under their wing after their demo was laughed at by a producer. Now that makes that producer a stupid guy, because he didn't have the talent to market them correctly to make big money off of them, and Disney did.