I suppose some quick background information on my playing abilities should be included...

I've been playing about 1 and a half years now. I have a good understanding of theory. Keys, the major scale, pentatonic scales, blues scales, what notes are in which chords, etc. Up until now I've been soloing only using the pentatonic scale, and throwing in the occasional blue note. I feeling like my soloing is missing something... 2 more notes.

basically I'm trying to incorporate the major scale into my playing more often. To practice this, I picked a key (the key of C) and began mapping the major scale, using my knowledge of the pentatonic scale.

I want to learn how to improvise better with it, so I want to learn a Solo in C that uses the major scale and doesn't rely on the pentatonic (something that uses that B and F more often and in creative 3 ways). I know the stairway to heaven solo very well, which mainly relies on the pentatonic.

I can handle a solo that is slightly more difficult than the stairway one. Again, I've only been playing for a year and a half but I can play the stairway solo fairly cleanly and confidently.

Suggestions?

tl;dr

I wanna learn a solo in C that doesn't rely on just the pentatonic scale but uses the major scale too. I can handle something slightly harder than the stairway solo in terms of speed.
learn what notes are good to land on in respect to each diatonic chord.

For example the the fourth (in C it is F) is not a strong note to land on when over a C or G chord.

Also learn the notes in the main I, IV, V chords (CMaj, FMaj, GMaj for C) and when on solos try to land on those notes every now and then to give you solo more movement and shape. Look at artists that have really great solos and look at some of the techniques and embellishments they use.

Eg. Garry Moore bends up to the chord tones (the notes in the chord he is playing over) a lot, but rarely bends down. His speed peak is usually toward the end of his solos where he also cuts down on the bends.