Okayy, I've finally decided what head I want, now it's just the cab part.
I'm after the killswitch engage tone from the album 'As Daylight Dies', although i want to be able to change my tone aswell, i need a versatile cab?

not really sure how else I can help you out, except for i'm English, and my budget is £500.

Thanks for the help guys!
Im gonna go ahead and warn you... Although the 6505 is one of the most kickass metal amps you can get, its not versatile at all.

That said, look into the Fender Metalhead cab. Its a BEAST. It's $800 new. (don't know how that translates to your currency) But I got one used for $300. It's definitely worth trying out.
i understand that the 6505 and the 5150 are very similar, and KSE used 5150s, so it definitely shows I want this head, it's been recommended a dozen times

and i'll look into it , thanks man.
orange cabs are suppposed to be one of the best cabs around, except they're pretty expensive but you should be able to get a 2x12 maybe even a 4x12
Mesa Cabs sound great with 6505. Vaders sound great live too. Avatars are a great lower priced option as well.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I'd recomend a Marshall 1960 (preferably the one with the vintage speakers over the G12-75's), since your in England you might be able to find some cheap. But if you really want to get that killswitch sound you might need to push your budget because they have very impressive arsenal of amps.
Gear
Carvin custum dc 747
Ibanez rg 520qs
Homemade Nocaster
Hofner violin bass
Hughes & Kettner Swithcblade 100 head
Ampeg v-4 412's (one with veteran 30's one with stock speakers)
Randall 412
Vintage Supra
ISP Decimater G-string
i don't think they do vaders in england..
I can't seem to find any..

the Mesa's are a little expensive, apart from the 1x12s, but i'd want somethting a bit bigger than a 1x12, like maybe a 2x12 or something, then sometime in the future advance to a 4x12.
Quote by Chasing Shadows
i understand that the 6505 and the 5150 are very similar, and KSE used 5150s, so it definitely shows I want this head, it's been recommended a dozen times

5150's and 6505's are essentially the same amps. 5150 II's = 6505+

and KSE used over a dozen amps on as daylight dies to includes models by peavey, orange, diezel, marshall, vox... you get the idea.

but the 5150 is right up there for metal... great amp. just thought you should know it's not going to nail ALL those tones.
Quote by GrisKy
5150's and 6505's are essentially the same amps. 5150 II's = 6505+

and KSE used over a dozen amps on as daylight dies to includes models by peavey, orange, diezel, marshall, vox... you get the idea.

but the 5150 is right up there for metal... great amp. just thought you should know it's not going to nail ALL those tones.

+1, It won't do all those tones, but it will definitely give you KSE tones. From what I've read, KSE uses Mesa oversized cabs with V30's. So I would suggest just making sure the cab has V30's in it.

Some examples:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/76561
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/76561
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ppc212-2x12/8184 (438 GBP)
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Blackstar Series 1 4x12 is loaded with V30's. Might be able to pick one of those up for £500

If you want to go cheap with V30's how about http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g412a_vintage.htm
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by marmaliser at Nov 25, 2009,
Quote by Chasing Shadows

KsE change amps pretty much every few songs on an album
i know on the last one they used dual rectifiers framus cobras and i think a krankenstein:P on some of the earlier ones i think they did use 5150's or 6505's (exactly the same amp peavey say it themselves)
i'd probably recommend the mesa boogie oversize cab nice tight low end

try and try some of them out
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Quote by CatharsisStudio
or as shitty

find a legit cab with v30s

Legit cab? and v30s are the only good speakers?

Anyways, OP- Mesa, Avatar, Vader, are all going to sound good. If you can't get Avatar or Vader in the UK thats too bad.. You have Mesa or Orange, but theres a nice price tag on them.
/rig
www.avatarspeakers.com

Best cabinets in the business.

Not only that, but you get to pick your style, tolex color, grill cloth color and what type of speakers you want in it.

All that and they are still cheaper then all their competitors.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by Necrophagist777
Mesa Cabs sound great with 6505. Vaders sound great live too. Avatars are a great lower priced option as well.

If you have the money Vader's are the way to go. Can get a sick 6x12. Or just get whatever you like. that works too haha.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by marmaliser
Blackstar Series 1 4x12 is loaded with V30's. Might be able to pick one of those up for £500

If you want to go cheap with V30's how about http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g412a_vintage.htm

Yeahh man ;D
that looks basically what i'm looking for, wouldn't even have to upgrade to a 4x12 as it already IS a 4x12, looks pretty sweet too!

KSE sounds nail-able with this Blackstar Series 1 cab?

http://www.andertons.co.uk/BlackstarSeriesOneS14x12BaseCab/pid15920/cid557/BlackstarSeriesOneS14x12BaseCab.asp?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping
Quote by mespinos
v30s are the only good speakers?

for KSE, they're the front runner.