ok, so ive finally decided that even though i get good tone out of my current setup (gibson les paul standard and marshall jtm-30 which ive heard is like a jcm-900) im getting sick of the same old les paul/marshall sound everyone else has used, and realized that all the most famous guitar players had their own signature tone (i know thats based partly on the way they play) but now im in the search of my own holy grail signature tone. im wanting something midgainish, since i have pedals i can use if i need more gain. i still like the marshall sound, it just seems that the tone ive been getting has been more like that super saturated 80s marshall tone, and im wanting something more like a throaty overdrive that works great with les pauls and strats since ill be getting one, but im mainly wanting lots of rich harmonic overtones and plenty of clarity and string definition.
i think ive narrowed it down to a few choices, but still suggest others, keeping in mind im wanting most likely 30 watts max but preferably 15 or 20, and that my budgets probably at a max of 1000$ USD.

1.Vox AC15 (i played it and really like the great dynamics and jangly character of its overdrive

2.Traynor YCV20 (i love the look of this amp, but im worried id have to crank it too much to get overdrive and i dont know where i can test it out. also it seems maybe it a bit too fendery in that it only has clean tones.)

3.Ampeg J-20 (i love the tone in the proguitarshop demo, but i do worry that it may be too much of a one trick pony with only tone and volume and also id worry i couldnt get decent overdrive until it was too loud and also i dont know where i can play it.)

4.Ceriatone Matchess DC-30 (a bit pricey as well as im not exactly sure how to order it as a complete and also i dont exactly know how they sound.)

5. maybe another clone like a lildawg pug 18 watt clone etc.? suggest others.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

anyone?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

almost all of those are british voiced amps, i thought you wanted something different?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
RM20 or (if you wait a tiny bit) RM22. Randall's RM's (Or, MTS, or Modular Tube Series) has removable preamps (called modules) that allow you to pick one of about 20 something modules to plug in, for a completely different tone. RM20 has room for 1, and RM22 will have room for 2. I recommend waiting for that RM22; Get your favorite clean and distorted sounds in one amp, without having to "settle" for one thing or another.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules