I just called Sam Ash and they said those guitar series are discontinued. Is this true? Are there any new "replacement" models that are similar specs? (Super strat body, HSH pickups with the Edge/Edge Pro bridge?)
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Highly doubt it. They're really successful.

EDIT: Maybe he thought you were talking about the RG550/570? Those were the pre-Prestige versions.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Nah, he specifically mentioned that the "prestige models" were cancelled. Idk. Maybe he just didnt' know what he was talkign about
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
Nah, he specifically mentioned that the "prestige models" were canceled. Idk. Maybe he just didnt' know what he was talkign about

Yep, he had no idea what he was talking about.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The 1550M can never die.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
The 1550M can never die.

Amen. It's on my GAS List.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
The RG1550M just came out this year...it was discontinued for a few years. It has already died and come back to life.
Quote by JELIFISH19
The RG1550M just came out this year...it was discontinued for a few years. It has already died and come back to life.
Which proves that it cannot be killed. You knock it down, you knock it way down; it just comes back.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Guitar2theface
I just called Sam Ash and they said those guitar series are discontinued. Is this true? Are there any new "replacement" models that are similar specs? (Super strat body, HSH pickups with the Edge/Edge Pro bridge?)

Ibanez website doesn't seem to indicate that, but let's wait and see how it changes for 2010.

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1570