Hey, I'm in the market for a fuzz pedal or a nice overdrive since all I have is my danelectro black coffee which isn't too great for the lower gain stuff I play. Budget is about $150USD. Bands I like are: Nirvana, Wolfmother, Queens of the Stone Age, The Vines, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Von Bondies, the Arctic Monkeys, etc.I don't need it to be able to get too heavy 'cause it's mostly going to be used for lower gain stuff. I was looking at the Boss blues driver and this pedal called the Lil' Fudgepacker, I have no idea who makes it, a student of my teacher's is selling it for around 100 but I offered 90 for it.
For a fuzz, I recommend a Big Muff, the american, russian, or tonewicker, or the Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face. Or, a Plum Crazy FX Fuzzy Lady, or a Blackout Effects Twosome Fuzz. Or a ZVex Fuzz Factory, or a Frantone Cream Puff, or a Fender Blender Reissue, or an Analogman Sunface or Analogman Peppermint Fuzz, or maybe a Deep Trip Fuzz or an MJM fuzz (some of the more gainy ones) or basically any Blackout Effectors fuzz or a Fulltone '70 Fuzz. Or, the new MXR Fuzz, it's supposedly similar to a fuzz face, it's call the 108 i think, not sure... Check 'em out!!!

For OD's, all I have to suggest is an Xotic AC Booster or BB Preamp.

(Big fuzz fan if you haven't noticed, and I play the same stuff as you! )

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Nov 24, 2009,
Muff for fuzz

fulltone OCD for overdrive
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
You could get Both fuzz/OD and a nice clean boost outta The EHX English muff'n.
Well, ppl might call me an idiot cuz this isn't a well reputed brand, but I think that a good all-around distortion is the Behringer Ultra Metal distortion pedal (model # is UM100 or 300...I'm not home, so I'm not sure which one I have, but their website lists it as UM300). I've had it for somewhere around 2 years, and i find it to be comparable and sometimes even better than similar more (much more) expensive pedals. It's output is very customizable, so depending on your gear, you can get a wide spectrum of distortion out of that thing. The best part is that I bought it brand new for under $30 USD. It still works today as it did when I first took it out of its package. Might be hard to find though, especially if you're going to a local music shop, but the ebay stores should have it for sure.
Quote by sk8nalmost1394
Hey, I'm in the market for a fuzz pedal or a nice overdrive since all I have is my danelectro black coffee which isn't too great for the lower gain stuff I play. Budget is about $150USD. Bands I like are: Nirvana, Wolfmother, Queens of the Stone Age, The Vines, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Von Bondies, the Arctic Monkeys, etc.I don't need it to be able to get too heavy 'cause it's mostly going to be used for lower gain stuff. I was looking at the Boss blues driver and this pedal called the Lil' Fudgepacker, I have no idea who makes it, a student of my teacher's is selling it for around 100 but I offered 90 for it.

Is the $150 budget for an OD and a Fuzz or each?