Hey ug, i'm writing to uou guys for my umpteenth time to figure out a quesion or too.

1. does the peavy vypyr tube 60 have an output for a cab?
2. there is three different plug ins , or outputs on the amp. One is a 1/4 inch, one is the power cable, but i don't know what the last one is for. what is it used for?
3. if the vypyr DOESN't have an output to a cab, can I just take plug one end of a chord into a speaker and another into the headphone slot? will this work?

thanks UG
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
Quote by tryhonesty
Hey ug, i'm writing to uou guys for my umpteenth time to figure out a quesion or too.

1. does the peavy vypyr tube 60 have an output for a cab?
2. there is three different plug ins , or outputs on the amp. One is a 1/4 inch, one is the power cable, but i don't know what the last one is for. what is it used for?
3. if the vypyr DOESN't have an output to a cab, can I just take plug one end of a chord into a speaker and another into the headphone slot? will this work?

thanks UG

the 1/4" jack looks be a cab out socket, as for the other one it appears to be an audio interface sonnector i can't find a decent pic so i hope that helped abit
no there is no plug in for a cab and the headphone jack will not sound very good and most likely has a volume restriction, if you want a vypyr to plug into a cab buy the head version instead of a combo version. i myself would suggest maybe looking at the line6/bogner tube heads instead of the vypyr tube heads because i have found the tone to be more crisp and overall better sounding.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
yes, it has an output for a cab rated at 16 ohms. that's the 1/4 inch one. the other midi plugin is for a Sanpera I or Sanpera II pedal.

i would be hesitant to plug a cabinet into the headphone slot, mainly because of resistance.
1. yes
2. probably for the footswitch
3. no, it basically bypasses the poweramp so it pretty much will go as loud as headphones which ain't loud

Vyper Manual page 23
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 24, 2009,