Miley Cyrus
30 5%
Jonas Brothers
150 25%
Lil Wayne
90 15%
Voters: 597.
Page 1 of 5
Poll coming soon if you read this before its up.

Alright everyone, as sad as you might be,the noughties end in a month. The past 10 years have brought us some interesting new things, such as Facebook, George Bush, the Reading Rainbow going off air , and emo kids.
But you can't really ignore the music that has changed in the past decade. Gone are the days when kids would listen to bands like Nirvana, now every teen you see is either all up on Lil Wayne's dick, the JoHoes or is a hardcore crab.
So as I was reflecting upon these thoughts today, I compiled a list of the 10 most hated bands of the past decade.
Now I KNOW there are probably shittier bands than the ones I have listed, but these bands are the ones that I see hated on the most, therefore they make up my list of the worst bands.
So, here they are.
And keep in mind (before you start ripping on me about Metallica being on here) that the time period Im discussing is from 2000-2009, and Metallica really wasnt exactly an amazing band the past 10 years.
Anyways the list is in the poll, so VOTEVOTEVOTE!
and if you have a write-in youd like to be acknowledged, just post saying so.
love is love // return to dust
This is gonna end well.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
where is the "all of the above"
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
I would much much much rather listen to Nickelback than Brokencyde.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Grow up. I dislike listening to every one of those bands too, but that doesn't make them better or worse than any other bands.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by matt360
where is the "all of the above"

Poll only allows 10 spots
plus i picked all of the absolute worst for a reason. its so you HAVE to make a decision

Quote by lushacrous
Grow up. I dislike listening to every one of those bands too, but that doesn't make them better or worse than any other bands.

I actually like BMTH, NSN, and Attack Attack (if you didnt notice my sig.) Thats why i said in my OP that its from what MOST people hate, not me.
Last edited by tancanada at Nov 24, 2009,
The Disney ones aren't bad at all. Give them slack.

Attack Attack! are bad, but not that bad.

And I'd prefer Nickelback to Lil Wayne.

Lil Wayne is a beginner trying to play yo the world. He gets my vote.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
My vote goes to Attack! Attack!

The bands you listed up there are all pretty terrible, (with the exception of Metallica, in my eyes they redeemed themselves from St. Anger with the release of Death Magnetic, but they're still not in the glory days any more) but most of them will die out or fade into obscurity. Attack Attack however, has "created" a whole new "genre" of "music" and way of dancing for these retarded hardcore kids.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by MyNameIsLame
My vote goes to Attack! Attack!

The bands you listed up there are all pretty terrible, (with the exception of Metallica, in my eyes they redeemed themselves from St. Anger with the release of Death Magnetic, but they're still not in the glory days any more) but most of them will die out or fade into obscurity. Attack Attack however, has "created" a whole new "genre" of "music" and way of dancing for these retarded hardcore kids.

Me and friend crabcore'd at a recent rock/metal club event. We got right down low and moved side to side.
I see what you mean now, people will start to do it. Mainly for fun though
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
how is nickelback getting so much hate?? they're no where near as bad as any of the others...
anyway brokencyde gets my vote
It's hard to choose just one band from the list that suck, I could choose most of the list.
Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm

Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody. -- Catcher in the Rye
Brokencyde is absolutely horrible.

Btw, I think that the Millionaires should be on that list.

Yeah, they should definitely be on that list.
Defender of the Llama
Quote by mmm_watcha_say
Brokencyde is absolutely horrible.

Btw, I think that the Millionaires should be on that list.

Yeah, they should definitely be on that list.

Damn, i knew i was missing someone
Any of them. All of them.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
how is nickleback tied with brokencyde? I don't like NB, but at least they have SOME talent
Best guide on writing power metal lyrics
Quote by ReaperWaits
keep it fast, keep it epic, and for god sake mention dragons.
I have no idea why you put metallica up there, you must not know of any bad bands, load, reload and st.anger weren't great albums, but to even consider them the worst band of the decade is insane, even nickleback isn't that bad, they're repetitive but not bad. I vote the jonas brothers. Bunch of gay talentless pretty boys that don't write their own music. I could say metallica have been the most disappointing artist of the last decade though.
Metallica? Are you fucking kidding? St. Anger wasn't amazing, but it wasn't anywhere on the level of Brokencyde (who I picked). They're hardly a band "of the past decade" either.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
TS needs to grow up

/thread
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
NEVERSHOUTNEVER!
is in its own ugly ass category.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
I picked Nickelback because I myself am Canadian and it brings an extra hatred to my soul. I didn't pick any of the other expected choices like the Jonas Bros and such because I don't really take these Disney bands and such seriously. But some people think Nickelback produce legitimate rock songs and are "talented" rather than "generic".

Edit: They're considered a prized jewel of Canadian music and that makes me ashamed to be Canadian.
Last edited by Piscasis at Nov 24, 2009,
I don't really see the point in this poll. All of the above bands are just writing music they like. I mean, I just listened to Never Shout Never, and even though i don't think its super amazing, I hardly think it merits being on a list of the worst bands of the past decade.

I realize this is just a way for you to vent some of your teenage angst, while also trying to be popular and 'cool' on here, but give it up.
Metallica because they KNOW that they're only riding on the coattails of their past. They're sold out.

Though I guess the Jonas Brothers started out sold out...

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by Somekid94
The jonas brothers are the worst... and gay...

Are you implying that gay people are inheritantly bad musicians?
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by TheReverend724
Between the Buried and Me

lol...but your not serious right? RIGHT?!?!
Quote by jbridge90
I don't really see the point in this poll. All of the above bands are just writing music they like. I mean, I just listened to Never Shout Never, and even though i don't think its super amazing, I hardly think it merits being on a list of the worst bands of the past decade.

I realize this is just a way for you to vent some of your teenage angst, while also trying to be popular and 'cool' on here, but give it up.

Dude if you would read what I posted you wouldve seen that i made this poll from what people think, I like never shout never, its just that 90% of other people dont.
how is emmure one of the worst barely anyone's even heard of them, and they're not even bad..
Quote by TheReverend724
Between the Buried and Me

You best be trollin' boy.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Page 1 of 5