So I'm sitting here talking with my family, and we're listening to Flea. I said, "Damn, I wish I could play bass like Flea." My mom asked what the difference was between guitar and bass besides 4 strings. They suggested there were different notes (facepalm).

I said, "Hold on, let me ask the Pit."

So, what are the differences between guitar and bass, Pit?
Guitars better thats the difference

/thread
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
bass is an octave lower and makes a womans clit vibrate to orgasam
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
the pitch of the notes peoduced, and the fact the size of the strings are different and a bass is slightly heavier than a guitar and has a slightly longer neck
a bass is tuned one full octave lower than a guitar
I'M A COWBOY
only cool kids play bass =D
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Bass is harder to master then guitar, yet bass is easier to get good at then guitar
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
A bass is guitar for monkeys.
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
The difference also lie in the one who use it during a live performance

Lead guitarist : ''OMG I can't wait for my solo to come, I'll start it now !''

Rythmic guitarist : ''Oh yeah I'm so getting drunk at the after-show

Bassist : E E E E A A A A E E E E D D D D
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Last edited by bender424 at Nov 24, 2009,
why is there so much hate between guitarists and bassists?

btw, i agree with Winman9999
I'M A COWBOY
bass<guitar

cuz you cant shred on a bass
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
bass is a rhythm instrument and guitar is a melody instrument. duh!!!! bass is chugga chugga and guitar is weeeh weeeh.
Bigger is always, ALWAYS better.

Also, you'll be asked to be in everybody's band because guitarists are a dime-a-dozen and bassists are pure gold.

EDIT: Also, TS, this was a pretty bad thread idea since it will only result in a guitarists vs. bassits flame war.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at Nov 24, 2009,
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
bass<guitar

it's possible to shred on a bass, it's just harder
I'M A COWBOY
i saw a guy play classical guitar like that bass player. if your classically trained its not hard to play like that. especially very fast. and even faster than he does.
i'm just sayin guitars can make panites come off, but the bass can rattle the vagina into ecstacy.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Quote by loaded_
why is there so much hate between guitarists and bassists?

btw, i agree with Winman9999

Most of it isn't serious. I know mine isn't But I think it's just ragging because so many bassists start out by being that guy who's picking up an instrument to join his buddy's band.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
None of it isn't serious. stop ruining our fun.

Fix'd
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Bassists are cooler to hang out with... 'cause they're not such ****ing egomaniacs.
Quote by drugfreeboy
i'm just sayin guitars can make panites come off, but the bass can rattle the vagina into ecstacy.

+12.5

Also, I think that some of the hate is serious, because bassits are mad at guitarists making fun of them...

It gets annyoing fast.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Guitar you wail on the strings and get all the girls you want, Bass you "slappin da bass man" and lick peoples basses at rush concerts then love men or have a bus fall on top of you...
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Quote by 1avatar328
Guitar you wail on the strings and get all the girls you want, Bass you "slappin da bass man" and lick peoples basses at rush concerts then love men or have a bus fall on top of you...

Look at this guy's profile picture, and ask yourself "Does he really believe what he just said about getting girls?"
but why are you ignoring the deep vibrations that give women the BEST orgasam of there lives?
Quote by Zombie V.
Look at this guy's profile picture, and ask yourself "Does he really believe what he just said about getting girls?"

This is the truest statement in this thread.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by wolfwood_9
i saw a guy play classical guitar like that bass player. if your classically trained its not hard to play like that. especially very fast. and even faster than he does.

like this!
Quote by Winman9999
Bass is harder to master then guitar
Not this.

Quote by O.O Meow O.O
Please explain why you can't?
Last edited by Cannibal Corpse at Nov 24, 2009,
Quote by Cannibal Corpse
Not this.

hm...methinks you just did a looong coke line off a urinal.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Quote by Zombie V.

lolz u pwned me im not gonna lie
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Quote by 1avatar328
lolz u pwned me im not gonna lie

All in good fun, my friend.

Seriously, though... stop being so angry with each other. As someone who plays both instruments equally, I know that neither is "better." They're very different instruments and neither takes more talent. Awesome bassists are better than shit guitarists and vice versa.

I do prefer to hang out with bassists, though... they're generally cool people.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Black people are pretty cool.

Only if they play bass.

Nevermind... let's not get racial... that has never ended well.
Quote by lkngro
hm...methinks you just did a looong coke line off a urinal.
Well then you should sort your thinking out & stop thinking of people doing lines of coke off a urinal. What makes you say that it is harder to master? I'd say they're as hard as each other to master. I never anywhere in my post said that guitar is harder to master or even implied it is if that's the reason why you just wrote what you did.
Quote by lkngro
+12.5

Also, I think that some of the hate is serious, because bassits are mad at guitarists making fun of them...

It gets annyoing fast.

I thought I was the only user in DE... THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!..

Not really. It's just a weird epiphany.

On topic, I started out as a bassist, played for like 3 years, got bored with it, and took a guitar class at school. Every now and then, I like to play bass for fun, but playing guitar is where I really started taking an interest in technicality. Which is not to say that bassists can't be technical. I mean, look at Necrophagist, Obscura, etc. Their bassists are amazing. I just like playing guitar more.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!