So some guy used my Ashdown stack at a gig and some how blew it up, think he blew the input.

I took it to my local music store, the rather impressive Professional Music Technology in Southend. This was six weeks ago and they said they'd send it off right away for repair.

As I haven't heard anything since I called them up today to ask about it; apparently the guy from ashdown has been away on holiday for 6 weeks and so it hasnt been repaired. I insisted i needed the amp back as soon as beause i have a few important gigs coming up, I also mentioned I was a tad annoyed with the service they provided.

Now I've been told that the guy is coming in first thing tomorrow and he's gonna repair it in store so i can collect it thursday morning.

Anyone else had similar problems, and secondly, do I believe them this time or should I just ask for it back and take it to another amp tech/repairer?
'97 Modulus Flea Bass w/ Lane Poor
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH
EB Volume Pedal, EHX Black Finger, EHX POG, Malekko B:Assmaster Germanium, EHX Holy Grail, KORG Pitch Black
www.myspace.com/astheends
Quote by LD1992
So some guy used my Ashdown stack at a gig and some how blew it up, think he blew the input.

I took it to my local music store, the rather impressive Professional Music Technology in Southend. This was six weeks ago and they said they'd send it off right away for repair.

As I haven't heard anything since I called them up today to ask about it; apparently the guy from ashdown has been away on holiday for 6 weeks and so it hasnt been repaired. I insisted i needed the amp back as soon as beause i have a few important gigs coming up, I also mentioned I was a tad annoyed with the service they provided.

Now I've been told that the guy is coming in first thing tomorrow and he's gonna repair it in store so i can collect it thursday morning.

Anyone else had similar problems, and secondly, do I believe them this time or should I just ask for it back and take it to another amp tech/repairer?

The hilariously unimaginative title of "crAshdown" comes to mind again. If you check out other forums, you'll see loads of people with opinions on Ashdown's reliability problems.

Tell the guys that you're on a large bass forum and you hope to report back to that forum with a positive comment on their service. Hopefully, if they want to have a good name to customers, they'll get their act together.

Edit : Wait.... You can send it straight to Ashdown, without using a shop/guitar tech, right? If there's still problems with the shop, i'd try this method. I doubt Ashdown would leave you waiting this long, thus it can only be the shops fault.
Last edited by Micehorns at Nov 24, 2009,
If they've taken this long and you've had to chase them then most good retailers should be able to help out by lending you something for the gig until your amp is repaired.

If "professional" is just the name of the shop then go somewhere else in future.