Thinking of getting one, is it all it's cracked up to be? Heard both really good and some really bad things about it so I might as well make 100% sure. If it is shit, any suggestions for something similar but, you know, not shit?
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
I thought they felt a little cheap, but I barely played it at guitar center. They sound quite nice and the neck is a godsend
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
They don't have the violin carve like the more expensive ones. As west said, I thought the SE models felt somewhat cheap, better than a lot of the guitars in that price range. The neck is also quite nice.

If you're looking for PRS, you could look for one of the more expensive ones on ebay used. You might find a good deal.
I'm not a big fan of them, but that doesn't mean you won't be.

On the pros side, they're super lightweight and the necks are very well made as far as fretting and such. I don't particularly like the feel (more of a rounded neck kinda guy), but many have said they're absolutely awesome. To each his own.

On the cons side, they kind of look cheap to me. I hate the logo on the headstock, and they only have a flamed maple veneer on the top, rather than the big carved maple top like USA PRS guitars have, which gives the SE series a quite different sound than an "actual" PRS. The SE One is quite the intriguing guitar though. Seems like a pretty decent alternative to an LP Jr.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
They're going for $500 new now, right? For that price the guitar is better than most in the same range, but you can always save up for a used CE22 or CE24 around $1000-1200.
not a big fan of PRS, but i do toy with the guitars when i'm in guitar center and sam ash....i have played the guitar u mentioned and i can say it's awesome for the price, maybe to others the neck is great but not to me...compare to Gibsons then yes i agree PRS neck is way more comfortable.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
I played it once in sam ash and loved.

It sounds great for every style of music. It sounds very nice and clean for well....clean stuff. And can play metal really welll too.

Only problem I had was that when I was playing around the 22-24 fret area my hand felt a little cramped (more cramped then most guitars) but i could easily get used to that. Other then that the neck is great. I especially like the little moons on the frets

You should get this guitar for sure but you should still try it before you buy it.
I dunno why most people on hear seem to have a problem. I think theyre great guitars. Definately don't think they feel cheap. Best thing to do would be go play em.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
SE's are alright, but noone beats the REAL PRS.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Obviously it's not a "real american made PRS" so if you're expecting that, expect to be dissappointed.

On the other hand, SE Custom is one of my favorite guitars under $1000. IMO, the best thing about them is the neck plays perfectly. It's like you automatically play faster, cleaner and smoother.

BUT, this is all up to opinion and everyone has their own preferance with that. If you were to get one, I'd stay away form the one with the trem unless you plan on getting a locking nut for it
I hate my sig
Quote by Natrone
I'm not a big fan of them, but that doesn't mean you won't be.

On the pros side, they're super lightweight and the necks are very well made as far as fretting and such. I don't particularly like the feel (more of a rounded neck kinda guy), but many have said they're absolutely awesome. To each his own.

On the cons side, they kind of look cheap to me. I hate the logo on the headstock, and they only have a flamed maple veneer on the top, rather than the big carved maple top like USA PRS guitars have, which gives the SE series a quite different sound than an "actual" PRS. The SE One is quite the intriguing guitar though. Seems like a pretty decent alternative to an LP Jr.

They have a full maple top, it's just not carved.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Virtually all the Paul Reed Smith guitars I've seen have looked cheap to me. These ones look especially cheap - the top was just ugly. Even the 10 tops nowadays are poor. PRS is well past it's glory days - it's sacrificed quality for increased commerical success.

I'd save your money for something more worth while if I were you.