I was restringing my classical guitar today, and after I had taken off all the strings I went to dinner, and now as I am about to put the new strings on, I remember that the saddle fell out. I also remembered that the saddle has a slight slope to it, however I cannot remember which strings (1, 2, 3 or 4, 5, 6) go on the raised side. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'll try to make it a bit clearer. The top side of my saddle (the one touching the strings) has a slight slope. (If I set it on a table the top side would not be parrallel to the table), do I put the saddle in so that the low E will be on the raised part, or the high E on the raised part?
Last edited by In Vein at Nov 24, 2009,
Can you rephrase your question? I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure. Pictures are definitely worth 1000 words in this situation...

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
The lower end should pair up with the high E string.

Edit:

Like so...

Double Edit: Reading back, I realized that you specified classical. As far as I know, most classical saddles are nearly flat, but if yours has a slope, the high E would almost certainly be at the lower end.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Nov 24, 2009,