yo guys, lately I've really had the urge to play FFVII and was wondering if anyone knew if there's any way to play it on my mac?
not as far as I know. There's emulators of course but FF games seem to have issues with them.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
If you have a PS3 you can download it from the PSN store at a fair price.

//vague suggestion
Quote by Våd Hamster
If you have a PS3 you can download it from the PSN store at a fair price.

//vague suggestion

or a PSP, I think it's like $10.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Bootcamp.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Quote by mrcrono
Install a copy of Boot Camp on your Mac and then buy the PC version of FFVII.

This. There are currently no functioning PS1 emulators for Macs, unless you're running with OS9, or something to that effect. This was at least the case about 6 months ago, when I tried figuring out the same thing during the summer vacation.

Of course, there's the whole 'buying a 1$ PS1 at a yard sale and hunting down a copy of FFVII' option, but that can be a somewhat long shot

MushroomEDIT: Hold on, after some searching I think I might've found an emulator. Let's hope it supports Snow Leopard...

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Last edited by MushroomBomb at Nov 24, 2009,
Quote by MushroomBomb
Of course, there's the whole 'buying a 1$ PS1 at a yard sale and hunting down a copy of FFVII' option, but that can be a somewhat long shot

The cheapest I've found VII for is $70 at a used bookstore
Quote by MushroomBomb

Or buy a $1 PS1 at a yard sale and mod it and just play the "backup"
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by TheReverend724

$70 WTF, it's like $10-$20 here, it's not particularly rare (it was one of the killer apps for the PS1 and damn near everyone that owned a playstation had a copy) and the digital download is $10.

Last.fm
I just found an emulator that *might* work. Of course, downloading the FFVII ROMs take freaking ages

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
$70 WTF, it's like $10-$20 here, it's not particularly rare (it was one of the killer apps for the PS1 and damn near everyone that owned a playstation had a copy) and the digital download is $10.

I won't have a PS3 Slim until Christmas
Quote by mrcrono
Install a copy of Boot Camp on your Mac and then buy the PC version of FFVII.

Repeated for clarity.

This is honestly the best thing you can do with a Mac. It also stops people from laughing at you because you have one.
Quote by MushroomBomb
I just found an emulator that *might* work. Of course, downloading the FFVII ROMs take freaking ages

I can tell you pretty much flat out that an there isn't an emulator that runs FFVII without glitching, and no one really bothers to fix it since theres a PC version of FFVII available anyway.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I can tell you pretty much flat out that an there isn't an emulator that runs FFVII without glitching, and no one really bothers to fix it since theres a PC version of FFVII available anyway.

That's what every single internet forum tells me, I'm just really stubborn

I'd use the family computer, but it doesn't have any sound

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by TheReverend724

Are you high? eBay, man. Shit's cheap.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
thanks guys going to give bootcamp a try. I still have my ps1 and copy of ffvii but at my mum's place which is quite a while away. I didn't think there was a stable ps1 emulator for osx but if anyone knows one let me know.
Quote by thenephilim
thanks guys going to give bootcamp a try. I still have my ps1 and copy of ffvii but at my mum's place which is quite a while away. I didn't think there was a stable ps1 emulator for osx but if anyone knows one let me know.

If you get bootcamp to work don't bother with emulators, just find the PC version of FFVII it will work much better.

Last.fm
Quote by MushroomBomb
This. There are currently no functioning PS1 emulators for Macs, unless you're running with OS9, or something to that effect. This was at least the case about 6 months ago, when I tried figuring out the same thing during the summer vacation.

Yes there are. I've used one, oddly enough, to play FFVII on a Mac. Controller didn't work worth a shit, though.