So I was playing some aggressive dive bombs with my whammy bar on my Squier Strat, and then suddenly, the damn thing snapped off! Is this a common problem with Fenders/Squiers in general? I'm curious because I am currently planning to customize a Fender Standard Strat and don't know if I want to get a different/stronger tremolo bridge/arm than the one that's already on there. Also, I have a second problem: The piece of tremolo arm is still stuck inside the hole, pretty deep too. I dunno how to get it out, and I wanna sell this thing, but don't want to rip anyone off in the process or pay for a new bridge. Any advice? On either of these questions?
So I was playing some aggressive dive bombs with my whammy bar on my Squier StratQUOTE]

can you answer that?

cheap hardware + agressive divebombs on a non floating trem= cluster**** pwnage.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Well I remember reading about this actually being a common problem with guitars that use these types of vintage trem systems, because of the way the arm fits in the bridge they tend to get bend and snap, but it could also be that the Squier's bridge and arm are just crap metal, and would've snapped anyway. I'd look it up, but I figure you won't be able to get it out of there, and will need to replace the bridge.
Quote by EvilAngel93
So I was playing some aggressive dive bombs with my whammy bar on my Squier Strat, and then suddenly, the damn thing snapped off! Is this a common problem with Fenders/Squiers in general? I'm curious because I am currently planning to customize a Fender Standard Strat and don't know if I want to get a different/stronger tremolo bridge/arm than the one that's already on there. Also, I have a second problem: The piece of tremolo arm is still stuck inside the hole, pretty deep too. I dunno how to get it out, and I wanna sell this thing, but don't want to rip anyone off in the process or pay for a new bridge. Any advice? On either of these questions?

Great ... completely fuk the thing up and then sell it to some poor bastard ...

Your a real smart bloke, ain't ya ???
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
Great ... completely fuk the thing up and then sell it to some poor bastard ...

Your a real smart bloke, ain't ya ???

Douche he said he didn't want to rip anyone off in the process. LRN2READ B4 BEING A DICK.

Get a new trem block and problem solved or just get a new bridge whatever works out for you mate. Buy yeah depending on how far the piece of your trem arm is stuck in the block you may or may not have a problem. I had this problem a while back with a cheap jackson and I got recommended a few stuff which I'll post up later in the day when I can find it again.
There are tricks for removing broken screws and bolts. You can also sometimes just replace the block vs the entire bridge. Maybe look at the economy stuff guitar fetish sells.
If the bar did not break off far into the block, here's one way to get the bar out....

- unstring guitar
- take springs out of back
- remove the pivot screws (six), or just lift and remove (if it's a 2 point trem)
- remove saddles from bridge
- remove 3 screws holding the block to the baseplate
- use a pliars to unscrew the remaining nub of tremelo bar out of the hole
- put the whole assembly back together
- Install new whammy bar (foreign thread)

good as can be

I have done this kind of thing before on many used guitars I've bought at pawn shops, broken bars are a pretty common problem.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
happened to my legacy(need i say more) and i got a chunk of arm still in there as well
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250