i'm thinking of getting esp horizon or caparison dellinger guitar in the near future, can't decide my mind on it and what's the pro and cons of this 2 guitars?
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Whichever of the two you pick will be good choice, in the end it comes down to preference. But some Horizons have alder bodies compared to the Dillinger that are made of mahogonny, so a more bassy tone for the brutals.
wow, you'd think 4 '09 ibanez guitars would be enough... I'd go with the ESP
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
hm..well i like mahogany bodies than alder, how about the neck?

which guitar is more comfortable and comparing with the ibby wizard neck, is there a big difference?

i'm very comfortable with ibby wizard neck, so the main thing for me about buying this 2 guitars will be the neck.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
I've never played an Caparison. But I have an ESP Horizon, and I've played the ibanez wizard necks. The ESP is definitely chunkier and more full compared to the wizard. But again, its all personal preference.

And most horizons do have mahogany body, only the Horizon IIIs and I's have alder, the standard series II's are all mahogany.
Last edited by sirlaser at Nov 24, 2009,
Quote by walkingminstral
wow, you'd think 4 '09 ibanez guitars would be enough... I'd go with the ESP

lol....i have a total of 10 Ibby guitars, but the signature part on this forum prevent me from putting all the guitar and gears that i have. so i just put up all the high end guitars.

still i'm nothing compare to other forum user on this website and one of my friend that i know owned roughly around 25 ibby and 20 ESP.

most probably i'll buy the caparison or the esp after i bought the 09 J custom in dec.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Which Horizon and which Dellinger matey? I might be able to add some valuable insight

for dellinger, i prefer the dellinger TAT or the dellinger standard superstrat

for horizon i prefer NT or the FR.

hopefully ur able to tell me all the pros and cons.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Quote by S4V10R_X
for dellinger, i prefer the dellinger TAT or the dellinger standard superstrat

for horizon i prefer NT or the FR.

hopefully ur able to tell me all the pros and cons.

TAT and Dellinger are pretty similar bar neck joint and woods used.

Umm you gotta choose which one you want first a floyd rose or a fixed bridge I can't tell you which one's better because both have pros and cons and I'd rather you research them yourself so you get a better understanding.

The next thing would be neck carve that you would want to come to grips with I love my Dellinger's grip but it's an MJR model so the grip is a bit different to the normal Dellingers but from what I can remember of my mates old Dellinger it wasn't all too different. Much more nicer to hold in the hands then the Ibby wizard's.

The guitars will all feel nice and you should purchase all of them but try them out mate you'll either have your mind made up or your choice will just become all that much harder. But suffice to say neither models imo carry a single flaw besides the Capa's case but that's just another matter.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
TAT and Dellinger are pretty similar bar neck joint and woods used.

Umm you gotta choose which one you want first a floyd rose or a fixed bridge I can't tell you which one's better because both have pros and cons and I'd rather you research them yourself so you get a better understanding.

The next thing would be neck carve that you would want to come to grips with I love my Dellinger's grip but it's an MJR model so the grip is a bit different to the normal Dellingers but from what I can remember of my mates old Dellinger it wasn't all too different. Much more nicer to hold in the hands then the Ibby wizard's.

The guitars will all feel nice and you should purchase all of them but try them out mate you'll either have your mind made up or your choice will just become all that much harder. But suffice to say neither models imo carry a single flaw besides the Capa's case but that's just another matter.

i'm a big fan of floyd rose, so all my guitars comes with it, but this time for horizon or dellinger, i want to buy it with a fixed bridge. i wish i can try it locally, but not even one guitar store is selling the dellinger or the horizon.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Quote by S4V10R_X
i'm a big fan of floyd rose, so all my guitars comes with it, but this time for horizon or dellinger, i want to buy it with a fixed bridge. i wish i can try it locally, but not even one guitar store is selling the dellinger or the horizon.

Aight so you could look at the Dellinger FX then those come with Caparison designed fixed bridges. But yeah if you prefer Ibanez's wide thin flat neck's then the Capa's probably won't be to your taste

edit: Actually what type of necks do you like? 'Cos I find my Caparison's to be near perfect for myself it's really hard to explain but MJR has got good taste in neck grip shapes.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Nov 25, 2009,
I'd go for the caparison
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Aight so you could look at the Dellinger FX then those come with Caparison designed fixed bridges. But yeah if you prefer Ibanez's wide thin flat neck's then the Capa's probably won't be to your taste

edit: Actually what type of necks do you like? 'Cos I find my Caparison's to be near perfect for myself it's really hard to explain but MJR has got good taste in neck grip shapes.

that's the whole issue, so far i've not come across store that carry caparison dellinger so i don't have the opportunity to try it, while i've come across the ESP horizon once in california and i try playing it, there's a lot of difference but overall, the horizon neck is comfortable, is just that with the horizon neck, i'm not able to solo as fluidly as i could to ibby wizard neck.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Caparison over ESP. Unless you go ESP custom, a Caparison should blow every ESP production model out of the water. Most find Caparison necks to be very comfortable, I know I do.
Quote by stratman7
Caparison over ESP. Unless you go ESP custom, a Caparison should blow every ESP production model out of the water. Most find Caparison necks to be very comfortable, I know I do.

Give me your TAT They're all shit models and are worthless so I'll take it off your hand for free.

My delllinger's neck isn't as wide or as flat in the middle compared to the wizard, it starts to flatten out once it reaches the neck heel but from the nut region it's definitely nothing like a wizard more like your strat style grip.
Well both of them are great guitars. IMO I would personally go for the Caparision, its more unique IMO. Even thou I'm not a huge fan of bolt-on necks it still is awesome
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
How about the ESP Mirage?

ESP mirage is ok i guess, but when it comes to ESP guitars i'm so dead set on horizon!!
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
Well both of them are great guitars. IMO I would personally go for the Caparision, its more unique IMO. Even thou I'm not a huge fan of bolt-on necks it still is awesome

yeap...that's why i choose dellinger especially the devils tail headstock.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs