I tried on out at my local music store and loved the tone (RG350 i think) but i could really do without the floyd rose system...

or do I? I switch between drop D and standard a lot but dealing with the system itself wont be much of a problem for me

i would go fixed bridge ibanez but they don't have the pickguard which i want (cos it looks cool and you can get to the electronics easier and I like the HSH setup)

another option I thought would be go with a different guitar (obvious solution) but I still want that crunchy punchy sound (not too metal, but not too weak). I was thinking an HSS strat because I love blink-182 and i think that would match the sound nicely and the music I write has a similar sound but still handle the metalish bands i like ex: devil wears prada)

sorry its long and im a picky person and correct me if im wrong with my thoughts

thanks
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Ibanez Rg350m YE
Roland Cube 80X
Squier Acoustic << AWESOME
Quote by summguy
I tried on out at my local music store and loved the tone (RG350 i think) but i could really do without the floyd rose system...

or do I? I switch between drop D and standard a lot but dealing with the system itself wont be much of a problem for me

i would go fixed bridge ibanez but they don't have the pickguard which i want (cos it looks cool and you can get to the electronics easier and I like the HSH setup)

another option I thought would be go with a different guitar (obvious solution) but I still want that crunchy punchy sound (not too metal, but not too weak). I was thinking an HSS strat because I love blink-182 and i think that would match the sound nicely and the music I write has a similar sound but still handle the metalish bands i like ex: devil wears prada)

sorry its long and im a picky person and correct me if im wrong with my thoughts

thanks

you can just replace the floyd rose with a fixed bridge, go for kahler fixed bridge if u decided to go that route as that's one of the best fixed bridge i come across and ask ur local guitar luthier how much they charge to change the bridge. in my area, the luthier only charge me $75 for it.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
You could also get the 350 and block the tremolo. This will keep it from moving, letting you change tunings freely.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
You could also get the 350 and block the tremolo. This will keep it from moving, letting you change tunings freely.

+1 I don't think Ibanez make a current hard tail model with pickguard and H/S/H nowadays so the RG350 is pretty much what you want bar the bloody bridge.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
+1 I don't think Ibanez make a current hard tail model with pickguard and H/S/H nowadays so the RG350 is pretty much what you want bar the bloody bridge.
I can't even think of one from days gone past. Ibanez hasn't really ever been huge on using fixed-bridges on the RG. PGM301 is what springs to mind when I think H-S-H fixed-bridge; but that's got no pick guard and is probably a fair bit more than the TS wants to spend.

You could always do what Paul Gilbert did to create the first PGM301 though. Take the tremolo bridge out, fill the holes till the guitar is solid again, then install a Gotoh bridge. Probably more expense than it's worth on that particular guitar, but it would be cool.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I know madpickin03 converted his RG421 to H/S/H and chucked a pickguard on it. I got pretty devo when I heard he done that but he did do it a good job.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
I know madpickin03 converted his RG421 to H/S/H and chucked a pickguard on it. I got pretty devo when I heard he done that but he did do it a good job.
Pics?
Quote by Marty Friedman