I have recently (about 3 hours ago) purchased a 120 watt Bugera 6262 head, without a cab to go with it. Normally, this would be moronic, but I read an older forum and realized that it was possible to do some wiring and adapt the speakers in my current amp ( a 100 watt 2x12 combo) to serve my purposes. HOWEVER: I do have a question concerning the exact method of wiring.

My original plan was to use unshielded speaker cable (same stuff you use to hook up the speakers on your TV) and solder a 1/4 inch plug (male) to one end. Will this work, or will I have to solder a jack instead and then buy an actual speaker cable?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
I have recently (about 3 hours ago) purchased a 120 watt Bugera 6262 head, without a cab to go with it. Normally, this would be moronic, but I read an older forum and realized that it was possible to do some wiring and adapt the speakers in my current amp ( a 100 watt 2x12 combo) to serve my purposes. HOWEVER: I do have a question concerning the exact method of wiring.

My original plan was to use unshielded speaker cable (same stuff you use to hook up the speakers on your TV) and solder a 1/4 inch plug (male) to one end. Will this work, or will I have to solder a jack instead and then buy an actual speaker cable?

ive never heard of anyone useing reg speaker wire to run a head to cab before...doesnt seem like a good idea to me.

your best bet is to just use a reg 1/4 " guitar cable or a head to cab speaker cable, since those ground better and reduce static, hum and all that

does the 2x12 amp have speaker in/outs on the back off it? what kind of 2x12 amp is it?
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA