Hey guys, my headphones' cable has failed. I'll patch it up, but it's time for some new ones anyway. What I'm replacing is a pair of Optimus Nova 71's, so something in that general not-shitty-but-not-exactly-pro range is acceptable, and as a budget I think <$100 US. (If that's not possible, then the best quality in that price range plz.)

Any general pointers are cool too. I know fuckall about headphones.

SHEdit: Oh, and I'll use them for recording and fail EDM production, if that tells you anything useful.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I may get flamed, but the Skullcandy SK-Pro's are worth at least checking out. You can get them for 100 at Amazon. I use them for DJing - their intended purpose - but I've found that they're also good for monitoring recording.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by SteveHouse

I had those, way awesome, way bassy. Cable crapped out on me but Sennheiser's supposed to have a good warranty so

Try Checking out Extreme Isolation, haven't much bad of em (not much at all tbh)

Quote by FrustratedRocka
I may get flamed, but the Skullcandy SK-Pro's are worth at least checking out. You can get them for 100 at Amazon. I use them for DJing - their intended purpose - but I've found that they're also good for monitoring recording.

*flames*
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.