I recently started a guitar club at school, I've been playing for almost 2 years, and now I really want to get dedicated to guitar! Such as learning theory, scales, etc. Is this a good plan in order for me to see improvement?

-Practice 2 hours a day
-Learn everything on justinguitar.com

What can I do to really push myself? How should I spend my 2 hrs. of practice/day? Is 2 hrs. even enough? I really want to become knowledgeable about everything guitar has to offer.
"Notes are expensive, so spend them wisely." BB King
Last edited by IbanezGRX40man at Nov 24, 2009,
This is a MASSIVE topic, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible.

First let me get a couple things off my chest. No disrespect to Justin or nothing, but I don't recommend using a single source for musical knowledge. Nobody knows everything, and different people say the same things in different ways, some of which you'll understand better than others. So diversify!

Also, 2 hours is plenty. You could get by with a half hour if you had a time crunch, but you'll be in good shape with 2 hours a day. Just remember to be as focused as you can to get the most out of every second.

Now, here's a brief (kinda) list of things to practice. Specifically this is what I have on MY 2 hour schedule. In no particular order:

2 hand synchronization
Arpeggios
Chord Vocabulary
Voice leading
Changing chords
Fret board note memorization
Improvisation
Fretting hand
Legato
Vibrato
Directional picking
Sweep picking
Strumming chords
Timing
Scales/modes
Memorizing scale patterns and fingerings
Memorizing arpeggio patterns and fingerings
Songwriting/composing
Thumb muting
Repertoire
Ear training
Chord progressions
Finger independence

Now, if that seems like a lot to fit into 2 hours, that's because it is. Here's the trick: you don't have to practice everything every day. Some of those, I may only practice 10 minutes in a week because I'm already quite good at them. Put the most emphasis on your weakest areas and the skills you need the most to reach your goal.

Also, like I said, this is my list, just to give you an example. You should make your own that's in line with you're needs and goals. But if you have any questions about my list (maybe like why it might appear I repeat a couple things), don't hesitate to ask!
Microsoft on Wednesday unveiled detailed plans for inserting Platform for Privacy Preferences, or P3P, technology into the upcoming version of Internet Explorer 6.0.

P3P is a Web standard, originally backed by Microsoft competitor Netscape Communications, that enables an automatic, computerized reading of a site's privacy policy. With P3P, Web surfers can configure their browsers to dictate whether they will relay personal information to specific sites based on those sites' privacy policies.

Michael Wallent, product unit manager for Microsoft IE, said the company chose P3P because it gives people the option of accepting or rejecting cookies depending upon a site's privacy policy. Thus, people can opt to visit only sites that promise a certain level of protection.

"We really focused in this release on allowing people to control cookies," Wallent said

Because Microsoft is the lead browser provider, its decision to insert P3P into IE could vastly broaden the technology's reach, in part because marketers and other third-party companies will be forced to adopt it if they want IE users to visit their sites.