I've been playing alot of Galneryus lately and this sweep has been giving me alot a trouble. i can play it slow but when i try to play it at speed it comes put sounding like crap.

should i treat it as a four string sweep then three or as a full six sweep. Any tips would help me alot.

---------------------10-13p-10------------------|
------------------11-------------11---------------|
------------7/10-----------------10\7---------|
----------8---------------------------------8-------|
---------8-------------------------------------8----|
--6h-10----------------------------------------10-|
More than likely it sounds bad because your accuracy is underdeveloped for that speed.

If it helps to break it into 2 parts like you mentioned, go for it. But you'll still need to practice it all together as well.

The real fixer is playing it slow. Get all the little glitches out of your muscle memory and very very gradually work it up to speed. Look for things like unmuted open strings, excessive tension, unnecessary pick movements or smoothness of motion, and unused fingers too far from the fretboard. Get rid of all that junk, and you'll be clear and crisp in no time!
You really shouldn't have a "playing it fast" way and a "playing it slow" way. You should use the same way for both, start with the cleaner, slower way, and slowly speed it up (don't be tempted to "jump" in speed).
Quote by Cryingstar987
should i treat it as a four string sweep then three or as a full six sweep. Any tips would help me alot.

Treat it as a Bb arpeggio because that's what it is. Don't separate it into sections, just play it as one and keep practicing with the metronome, you'll get there.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.