Hey Guys,

So I am looking at picking up a electric guitar (my first). I have heard good things about Schecter and their C-1 Plus. What do you guys think about it?

Also how about their C-1 Classic? and their C-1 Exotic Star?

I will be using it for just playing on my own, and an occasional jam session with some of my friends. I will be using it for a bunch of different genres of music.

Could you guys list some pro's and con's of Schecter, specifically the C-1 Plus. And say wheter you recommend it or not.

Thanks.
I beg to differ, I have the Hellraiser and I get gorgeous cleans as well as scrotum crushing distortion. The C-1 classic has a great feel to it, but is more for the clean/crunch/od style, not exactly a metal guitar, but can definitely pull it off. In the end it's all in your preferences so if you can play them, that'd be best. I'd go with the C-1 Classic out of all of them.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Quote by Psycho|@_@|
get a PRS dude, Schecters are not versatile at all.

While I love PRS guitars I find that statement to be a bit 'not true'. Technically any guitar can play any genre and if you want to doubt that then I'm all up for arguments and food throwing and bitching and moaning and crying. But while some guitars are more suited to other genre's I've found that Schecter's "non-metal" range to be more versatile then most guitars. And really what do all PRS guitars have over Schecter guitars that make them more versatile?
Well to be quite honest, I wont be playing much metal.

Also does anyone know where I could find a Schecter C-1 Classic?
On ebay, c-1 classics are great. go all the way and get a hollywood classic, it's an amazing guitar.
So I am in a little bit of a pickle. I was looking at getting the Schecter C-1 Plus off Musician's Friend for $399. But I found a Schecter C-1 Classic on eBay for around $599-630. Is the classic worth the extra $200?
If its your first guitar try a bunch out before you decide - and not just schecters. Different guitars can feel very different, from body shape to weight to balance to neck size/profile - try a few out and work out what feels comfortable before you go hitting ebay.
Quote by zhilla
If its your first guitar try a bunch out before you decide - and not just schecters. Different guitars can feel very different, from body shape to weight to balance to neck size/profile - try a few out and work out what feels comfortable before you go hitting ebay.

Ya, the only reason I am hitting up eBay is cause I tried a C-1 Classic in a local store and it felt amazing; but the price difference between eBay and the local store is about 300 bucks. I just cant justify 300 bucks for the exact same guitar lol.
The C1 plus is ok... But i would spend a little more and go for one of these. (If you want a schecter)

Schecter C1 Classic
Schecter Hollywood Classic
Schecter Solo 6 Classic
Schecter C1 Blackjack

they all have amazing specs and sound wicked.

The Hollywood and Solo 6 have ebony fretboards, which are absolutely awesome, and that's why i could go with them if you wanted any of them.

EDIT: Don't think i'm a stalker or anything, but what city to you live in? I can tell you what stores should sell them.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Nov 25, 2009,
Thanks man, I will keep my eyes open for some of those guitars.

I am from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It just seems like here in Canada all the guitars are like double the price lol

I am planning on ordering one off a site, and shipping it to my buddy in the states who will bring it up around Christmas when he comes to visit.
Quote by Stad7172
Thanks man, I will keep my eyes open for some of those guitars.

I am from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It just seems like here in Canada all the guitars are like double the price lol

I am planning on ordering one off a site, and shipping it to my buddy in the states who will bring it up around Christmas when he comes to visit.

I know what you mean dude. You should try living in Australia

Anyways, i dont know of any canadian guitar stores, but you know, ring up some local stores and see if they can order one for you or something.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I actually just ended up getting the Schecter C-1 Classic off eBay. I really liked it in the store and thought what the heck, I will spend a bit more and buy a C-1 Classic instead of a C-1 Plus. Also I really liked the Deep Sea Green color!