First of all, sorry if this belongs in another forum, but I can't imagine which one it would go in.

I recently tried out for a gigging band that is quite well known in the area. I'm pretty sure I made it in, seeing as they called me back to a second practice with them. They said I need to get some ear protection for band practice and shows. What would you guys recommend I get without spending a fortune? My hair covers my ears, so I don't mind if they stick out a little bit and look goofy.
Check out my band Disturbed
Ear plugs.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
A pack of ear plugs from Walmart? Or Target? Or other convenience stores around you?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by StewieSwan
No shit. What kind?
The ones you put in your ears. You don't have to spend loads of money.. just normal ear plugs, cheaps ones should work fine. It's just to dumb down the volume.

Would have thought it would be a bit obvious. It's not rocket science.
Quote by Cannibal Corpse
The ones you put in your ears. You don't have to spend loads of money.. just normal ear plugs, cheaps ones should work fine. It's just to dumb down the volume.

Would have thought it would be a bit obvious. It's not rocket science.

Different kinds of ear plugs mask different frequencies. Some of them completely drown out the treble and midrange sound. You don't have to be a smartass.
Check out my band Disturbed
Just get some ear plugs from your local wal-mart or liqour store. I try to get the extra cushiony ones so that they won't start irritating my ear after a while. Hoped it helped and good luck with your band!

i would recommend getting some custom moulded earplugs.
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
if the band is well known in the area, maybe look into in ear monitors instead of floor wedges. it acts as protection and a monitoring system while also keeping stage volume at least slightly lower.
Get the cylindrical yellow foam ear plugs; I can't remember the brand but they deafen gunshots to a pretty quiet degree, couldn't hear a .22 target pistol at all. Should have a good effect. They're very, very common.

If you need to know about frequencies and stuff.... hell, I don't know, but earplugs are what, 2$ a pack? Just try some out until you find some that work well.
Last edited by raincoffin at Nov 25, 2009,
You've pretty much got a choice between the squishy foam ones or the squishy rubbery ones. I don't know which are better, but I got some foam ones for free from Guitar Center and they work pretty good.
However, for optimal awesome,
coustom molded IEMs are the way to go, alternately shove railroad spikes into your eardrums.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Just walmart ear plugs man.

I always wear eye protection too. Aviators ftw.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.