Help me collect data for a highly scientific survey for a project I'm involved in

Poll: Eh?
Poll Options
View poll results: Eh?
AC/DC
5 8%
Aerosmith
0 0%
Blue Cheer
2 3%
Blue Öyster Cult
5 8%
Judas Priest
57 93%
KISS
5 8%
Led Zeppelin
11 18%
Rush
5 8%
UFO
2 3%
Uriah Heep
1 2%
Voters: 61.
Which of the above bands do you consider to be metal?

Thank you for reading. This is not intended to be a vs thread or any such thing. If discussion can form from this I highly encourage it, but for the sake of keeping an unbiased sample I can not start much discussion on the respective metalness of these bands.

I would be curious to see citations on the early usage of the term "heavy metal", however.
Judas Priest is the only "metal" band on the list, the rest are pretty much rock
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Non-random voluntary response surveys aren't very scientific.

That said, Judas Priest. Kiss, AC/DC, and Led Zeppelin are pushing it, but why not?
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
Judas Priest is the only "metal" band on the list, the rest are pretty much rock

this

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by pinheadslts75
Non-random voluntary response surveys aren't very scientific.

Yeah, there's a little bit of sarcasm in there. I just want to see the turnout.
It's a tricky situation, they're all classified as rock aside from certain points of Judas Priest, but have a metal feeling. Hence why they're mostly viewed as metal...They all have their moments
electriccccccccccccccccccccc eyeeee yeah just judas priest I cnat belive people rly boted blue oyaster cult
------------------------------------------------------------------------
your insane, but reasonable
Definitely only Judas Priest.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
alright who the hell voted for kiss
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Judas Priest yes. Blue Cheer arguably; I voted in favor of them.

No to the rest, Rush's presence on MA notwithstanding.
Back in the 70s and 80s, bands like Led Zeppelin could be considered metal, as with Deep Purple. But in comparison to today's bands, most people consider them to not be. I personally think of Led Zeppelin being a type of metal, or at least a highly inspirational band for those bands that were first considered "proper" metal.
Quote by Rokeman
Back in the 70s and 80s, bands like Led Zeppelin could be considered metal, as with Deep Purple. But in comparison to today's bands, most people consider them to not be. I personally think of Led Zeppelin being a type of metal, or at least a highly inspirational band for those bands that were first considered "proper" metal.

90% of the people who say "Led Zeppelin were totally metal back in their day" have never heard anything except The Immigrant Song, Stairway to Heaven and Black Dog.
They were never metal. They were rock half the time, and a freakin' blues band the other half the time.

Judas Priest, only metal, list, etc, blah blah.
Judas Priest, though Kiss had an impact on the metal scene without even playing metal (for the most part, at least). Their image was pretty extreme to their crowd, and tons of people associate metal music with an "extreme" style