I've been playiing about a month and practice about an hour a day. Obviously, I have a ton of different things I'm working on simultaneously but there are several songs I would like to play that contain bar chords. What are some tricks, techniques, practice things I can do to get some of these bar chords down?!

Thanks ahead of time!
They are in fact called barre chords, but that's no big issue... It does make sense to call them "bar" chords as that's what you're doing Ok, when starting barre chords, you're trying to lay your index finger flat across the fretboard, while your other fingers make the chord shape. Don't be disheartened if you can't press hard enough with your index finger at first, that's ok. You will also have to let it callous slightly, so until then it will hurt barring your finger across thing strings, so take things easy.

One thing to practice is changing between barre chords that are "next" to each other, for example, G and C, A and D, B and E, etc. to get a feel for them, and then start playing chord progressions involving barre chords in various places. The songs you are learning in fact could be perfect for practicing that. Hope this helped
Practice practtice practice. They will get easier to play if you play them more. Thats all the advice I have, like rokeman said try switching between bar chords that are close to one another and youll be laying them in no time flat
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
Not sure if this would help, but what I see with many beginner guitarists using barre chords is they don't have the right technique. It is important that you play barre chords on the side of your finger, and not the bottom as a lot of beginners do. Sorry if this sounds obvious but you'd be surprised how many people make this mistake. It may feel awkward at first but eventually you'll be able to press down a lot easier, and learning the correct technique straight away can help you nail it quicker.

Other than that, just practice as much as you can.
Most learners have a problem with the A shaped barre chords. All the books etc., I have seen say you barre with your first finger and squeeze the other fingers in line on the 2 3 and 4 strings (for the major shape). This is great if you can do it easily but I never could. Fortunately, my fingers bend back more than most at the first joint, so I am able to get that shape more comfortably by doing a mini barre across those three strings with either my middle or ring finger. Its not 'right' but with practice it works for me and has done for 45 years. It does make a switch from say a Dm to E a bit of a fiddle around but the conventional method does as well.
The only other advice I can give is to make sure you are in a comfortable position to play and have your thumb placed as near the centre of the neck as you can. This allows your strong thumb muscles to do most of the heavy work instead of your thumb's base or palm.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Pretty much everything that has been said here is correct and good advice. My advice is to start practicing barre chords such as B, C, A, and G (E Shape), then once you get those work on ones like F, Fm, F7, Fm7.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by {~Mick~}
Not sure if this would help, but what I see with many beginner guitarists using barre chords is they don't have the right technique. It is important that you play barre chords on the side of your finger, and not the bottom as a lot of beginners do. Sorry if this sounds obvious but you'd be surprised how many people make this mistake. It may feel awkward at first but eventually you'll be able to press down a lot easier, and learning the correct technique straight away can help you nail it quicker.

Other than that, just practice as much as you can.

Not obvious at all! I didn't know that so I'll try it tonight. Thanks guys for all the tips!