Tired of seeing "tech death/melodeath/deathcore/br00tal" all over the place.

Figured I'd post one of my bands more recent songs...
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Last edited by Ryioku at Nov 25, 2009,
That's exactly the reason I stopped going to this website.

*DISCLAIMER [For those who have a deficit in the musical category, most all on UG]* Just because it's fast, doesn't mean it's dragonforce, or influenced by it. (And yes, the end of patricks solo has a fast tapping part in it, often used by dragonforce. Let me say that they AREN'T the only ones who do that... :O

Please everyone quit with the 1 line comments that are in NO way constructive.
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
I'm glad that speed=dragonforce nowadays.

i'll upload a gp4 in a sec
Letters to Zaya
sounds cool, and just coz its fast doesnt means its dragonforce, look at bands like maiden/metallica etc, they play fast does that make them dragonforce?
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by MetalManForLife at Nov 25, 2009,
I mean, I use drop tunings D standard and Drop C, but I try to avoid the "chugging" type rhythms, mostly because they're overused, repetative and boring. So yes, it IS metal but it's not original or creative metal. I'd rather play something that engages the listener, and not something that you can headbang to at the same BPM for an entire concert.

And btw, My band uses "extreme" vocals... not straight screaming all the time, melodic screams, think CoB.
Letters to Zaya
Uhm... Maybe my ears are retarded, but I get the impression dissonant sounding power metal is rather unpleasant to listen to... there are several chords with the overlapping melodies in the beggining that are rather unpleasant to my ear. Also at some parts the mixing is rather off, chords entirely drowning out the leading melodies...

And yeah, for the record if you think this sounds like dragonforce, you're retarded.

An example of painful dissonance - bar 7, what's that all about =/. The slap bass chord sounds absolutely horrible with the guitar chord.

I'm glad I let it play for a little while after, some of the riffs are rather solid, there's a lot of, what I would consider Children of Bodom influence, seems like your really powerful, solid riffing, and a lot of guitar/keyboard traded leads.

OVerall it's... a decent song. There's a lack of dynamic though, it's too constant pounding drums and soloing. Needs a few breaks here and there, dynamic variety, and watch that dissonance!
Quote by JazzDeath

An example of painful dissonance - bar 7, what's that all about =/. The slap bass chord sounds absolutely horrible with the guitar chord.

I'm glad I let it play for a little while after, some of the riffs are rather solid, there's a lot of, what I would consider Children of Bodom influence, seems like your really powerful, solid riffing, and a lot of guitar/keyboard traded leads.

OVerall it's... a decent song. There's a lack of dynamic though, it's too constant pounding drums and soloing. Needs a few breaks here and there, dynamic variety, and watch that dissonance!

Thank you, for actually critiquing it.

Yeah the dissonance in the beginning is sort of supposed to happen, sort of throws it off, on purpose.. know what i mean?

And yeah, the song honestly is meant to be constant and non stop, most of our other songs have a few moments where it slows down a bit, but honestly I'm a huge fan of constant, in your face metal... so, I won't be writing any acoustic interludes anytime soon

Again, thanks for actually listening
ps, CoB is my biggest influence.
Letters to Zaya
Ah well keep in mind you can counteract a n in your face, fast riff with an extremely crushing, slow, distorted riff, with more laid back drums - actually the drums will often lead the dynamic feeling of your music in metal, depending how often you hit the snare and if you pulse is once per beat, twice, four times, or however you might want to place it. There's a lot of ways to vary dynamics without opting for acoustic interludes!

Also I have no problems with meaningful dissonance, trust me I use it extensively - I just felt it was more harmful to the song than otherwise, but that'S my opinion =).
Yeh Like I said this particular song I just wanted to be non-stop... the others we have while they don't have acoustics or anything... it either includes held out chords with a synth piano melody, or a slower headbang type rhythm, with a string staccato melody over it... makes for fun times.

My "non-stop in your face" i mean just from start to finish, you just want to move... i can't stand when a song is incredible, then it slows down double and goes into a pretty acoustic thing, or when same instance, instead of acoustics it goes into a half time chug with no other reason than to make someones head bounce up and down. I'm all for headbanging, but make a headbangable rhythm, while being creative.
Letters to Zaya
You will find that I'm directly antagonist to all scenes and anti-scenes. I prefer ****ed up and/or atmospheric music, is all.

Metal has no troo north. It's fans as conservative as neo-cons, without realizing that the only thing that stays the same is change (yes, I know that's Sage Francis, but it doesn't make it any less interesting/troo imo).
The world and it's inhabitants are of an amorphous nature; we are bound to evolve. Or at the very least, we won't stay stationary.

So post the song or GTFO. I don't see why you removed it. Looking for controversy?
Or are you re-writing it (in which case I understand)?
don't tell me he got butthurt over people saying it sounded like Dragonforce

ps. it sounds like dragonforce
pps. reup it
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]